Friday, September 28, 2018

Friday Stuff


I know Lindsey Graham was “showing a little bit of leg” yesterday during the Brett Kavanaugh hearings, basically losing what’s left of his mind in his quest to get this thoroughly-unqualified nominee confirmed, but I have just a few responses to the clip below from earlier yesterday (here).

1) If he’s so concerned about the damn investigation into Kavanaugh, then turn everything over to the FBI, 2) If he’s also concerned about what he views as any procedural irregularities, then all I can say in response is MERRICK GARLAND, MERRICK GARLAND, MERRICK GARLAND, MERRICK GARLAND, MERRICK GARLAND, MERRICK GARLAND, and MERRICK GARLAND!!

Oh, and as far as his threats are concerned about any nominees from the Democrats (who he won’t vote for anyway), my response is as follows: bring it, you partisan hack!




(Note: May have to press on pic above to isolate view on a mobile device - hat tip to Whitney Cummings on Twitter.)

...and Cenk and Ana tell us about Kavanaugh's response yesterday afternoon (and I don’t give a shit about Kavanaugh’s tears or anger...and blaming the Clintons was hilarious – and I know I'm repeating myself, but all he has to do is let the FBI investigate, and he never will…also, during what decade will we FINALLY hear from this Mark Judge character? Also, Sam Seder was on “All In” last night and said that we won’t have to wait months to hear about more Kavanaugh crap, but weeks…after he may very well be confirmed of course…and I think that’s absolutely right…once again, this is white privilege on display; there are definitely people in this country in other demographics that, if they had engaged in activity like this Renata stuff or trying to pin a then-young woman to a bed, would have been imprisoned...I guess I need to say this; imagine if Kavanaugh were African American - to try and derail this, click here...and I'm not saying much about Dr. Blasey Ford because I believe her, and in a sane and just political landscape, her testimony alone would have sunk this cretin)…



Update: There may be hope after all.

…and Farron Cousins tells us that Trumpster Kirstjen Nielsen is typically lying about signing off on her regime’s typically cruel and stupid border separation policy…



…and with the prior clip in mind, I give you a preview of one of the latest offerings from Brave New Films…



…and I thought this was a pretty well-informed segment on the effects of tariffs from David Pakman…




...and to support Scott Wallace in the PA-01 U.S. House contest against Brian Fitzpatrick, click here...



…and I know this is ostensibly a humorous “New Rule” from Bill Maher (NSFW), but I also think it’s scary as hell, and we shouldn’t be laughing too hard (and again, the response is not to curl up in a ball in fear, but to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!)…



…and speaking of our Treasonous, Tiny-Handed Orange Dictator Wannabe, I put up this song on the day of his inauguration…I know it has to do with a girl in a wheelchair who is angry because she wants to be in love like other women, which shouldn’t be too much to ask I know, but I thought it was an apt metaphor for our ruling regime, namely, wanting to be legitimate in a way they never can be (the month reference also being appropriate of course), and I think it also fits in a way for the whole Kavanaugh circus (something that ALSO will never be legitimate as far as I’m concerned).

(By the way, please understand that I’m not trying to compare a disabled person to anyone associated with Trump or to His Fraudulency 2.0 himself. In Morrissey’s song, the girl is a victim of cruel circumstance I know, but the actions of anyone associated with Number 45 are choices. All I’m saying is that rage is the common thread.)

No comments: