Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday Stuff

I’ve got a bit of catching up to do I know…if my posts seems to take on more of a despairing tone, I’ll try to be careful about that, but it’s hard not to feel that way.

Back to the videos…yeah, I think Samantha Bee pretty much said it; I had a feeling early on based on what I was reading from people who were smart about this stuff that suburban white women were going to decide this election, and boy, did they ever…of course, they went for the p*ssy grabbing, intellectually lazy narcissist instead of the person who was truly qualified (as I said at least once before, if Hillary Clinton were a man, this election would have been decided for her in July…and 53 percent of white suburban women voted for Trump? Wow, just…wow! That’s an awful lot of Clinton hatred at the expense of the reproductive health of your own daughters – again, wow…)…



…and I guess this is the last of Keith Olbermann’s fine GQ commentaries, and he ends it with an ominous warning which, sadly, is probably spot-on…



...also, though I know the foul, fetid FBI office in NYC won’t be cleaned out now as it should, premier investigative reporter Wayne Barrett talks to Chris Hayes about all of the sordid goings on, which played no small role in last Tuesday’s electoral coup…



...in addition, given the events of the week, I failed to note the passing of Former Clinton (and of course, there will only be one presidential Clinton reference now) Attorney General Janet Reno, who did a solid job IMHO; the fact that she drove the wingnuts utterly crazy is proof of that as far as I'm concerned...



…continuing, Cenk of TYT reports on the recent Trump protests, and don’t expect them to go away any time soon (I hope Cenk gets over his cold - I get his point about #NotMyPresident, but I'm fine with it because of how dirty the Repugs play this game to get the upper hand, and the assumption is that the Dems are supposed to play nice in response...F-that!)…



Update: Oh yeah, Trump is going to be "moderate" and "conciliatory" (here) - GMAFB!

…and believe me when I tell you that it’s hard to find good news at the moment, but though I respect Rep. Keith Ellison of Minnesota very much (also interested in running for head of the DNC), I have one reaction to this item that’s captured in the clip below (and to act like “the scream” doomed Howard Dean somehow is still more ridiculous corporate media framing – after the “news” networks with initials for names allowed themselves to get played by the Trump crowd all in the name of high ratings, why in God’s name would we ever trust them again, unless they managed to tell the truth totally by accident?)…



Oh, and one more thing – I know it’s typical in politics generally to engage in a circular firing squad after a loss like this, and I know Kyle Kulinski, for example, has a video that I haven’t seen yet saying “We warned you not to run Hillary as the nominee, Dems!” I respect Kyle, potty mouth and all, and I supported Bernie in the primary, but Hillary was the best candidate. NOBODY IN EITHER PARTY could touch her resume and I think she ran a skilled but definitely imperfect campaign. So can we please put that to rest...besides, do you SERIOUSLY think the Repugs wouldn’t have tried something like this with Sanders too? All they needed was to find one picture of Bernie engaging in a sit-in near a sugar cube full of LSD, for example – not alleging that ever happened of course because I’m sure it didn’t, but they would have found something comparable, or even manufactured it since that has happened before too (here) – and it would have been in a 24/7/365 rotation on Fix Noise right alongside the “New Black Panther” stuff at that polling location in Philly, and OF COURSE the other networks would have aired it also. So can we please dispense with that nonsense about HRC?

I actually think the only person who got this whole thing totally right was Bill Maher when he yelled at the camera last week and told the media to do its bleeping job because a right-wing coup was underway, again, with all the cable culprits dutifully regurgitating everything about Wikileaks, Emails, Clinton Foundation “access,” throwing in the women from the ‘90s who accused Number 42 including Monica Whatsername, and on and on and on.

(And by the way, can we please also just stop with stuff like this? We ridicule the other side, particularly Texas, when they engage in this nonsense, so I just think we should practice what we preach, that’s all.)

…and RIP Leonard Cohen



…and I’ve been looking for a tune to commemorate Veterans Day, and I found this number about soldiers fighting in battle – I know I include a lot of songs by Richard Thompson at this site…and how exactly is that a bad thing?

No comments: