Thursday, September 01, 2016

Thursday Stuff

I thought this was a fascinating history lesson from Rachel Maddow about what has led to anti-immigrant hysteria in this country dating back almost a couple of hundred years (and probably before then, to be honest – sorry for inflicting so much of The Big Orange Cheetoh on you in this clip, but I think it’s necessary)…



…and I think the prior clip definitely puts this in the proper perspective…



…and I’ve been meaning to get to this report for a little while now on education in Finland versus this country, so here it is…



…and I’m not totally sure what to make of this story; but here it is anyway – I think the goal of keeping Canada’s heath care public should be foremost, but even though it could turn into the thin edge of the proverbial wedge (I don’t understand how someone would not be able to obtain coverage, but I’m hardly an expert on this topic), maybe a “private option,” if you will, should be allowed in extreme circumstances…thinking…



…and apparently Repug U.S. House Rep Mr.-Puppy-Dog-Eyes-With-The-Shiv dropped into our area last night to try and prop up “Mikey Part 2” (here) – if that isn’t a reason to help Steve in his PA-08 contest, I don’t know what is (here...and yes, background checks weren't enacted for the zillionth time, we know already, blah blah blah)…



…and believe it or not, I still have some summer songs to get to; hopefully this one and a final one tomorrow.

No comments: