Thursday, May 26, 2016

Thursday Stuff

RIP Burt Kwouk (who?)…



…and hey, all you Teahadists out there (who I’m sure aren’t reading this)…all you self-proclaimed Constitutional experts who don’t want to spend a dime on anything except STUFF YOU LIKE and claim to hate “big gumint” with an undying passion…do you know what happens when you oppose ANY TAX INCREASE AT ALL? Stuff like this, as Rachel Maddow tells us; nuclear codes for ICBMs stored on 8” floppy disks – technology that went out with odd/even rationing days, platform boots, and reruns of “Flatbush.”

U-S-A! U-S-A!

(And yeah, I know the Hillary Clinton Email thing is so done by now, but I still think this was interesting)…



…and I’ll be honest; I was tempted to put up another video showing “The Donald” as the boorish lout that he is, but instead, I’m going to add this from Amy Goodman and Noam Chomsky that gives some much-needed context instead (the real takeaway is in the last minute)…



…and here is today’s class warfare update (I still don’t know her name; she’s right, but she doesn’t have to be so damn giddy about it)…




…and whaddya say I give you two more Bob Dylan tunes – this is his most recent, which I’ve kind of gone back and forth on a bit…



…and this is from Before The Flood – what is, for my money, one of the finest live recordings of all time.

No comments: