Monday, February 01, 2016

Monday Stuff

If Bill Maher wants to blame the Internet for the decline in our political discourse, I guess he has the right to do that; I would also blame right-wing talk radio, cable news, etc., along with “reporters” who think “access” is more important than telling the truth (I would also blame Maher for allowing the wingnuts to spew their garbage on his show, which he is prone to do on occasion...NSFW)...



…and this answers a question I’ve wondered about for a little while – so we can blame that darn peanut farmer for the outsized importance of Iowa (joke…actually, some pretty savvy moves by Carter here if I do say so myself)…



...and after this, I should be just about caught up on Thom Hartmann videos...



...and yesterday marked what would have been the 70th birthday of legendary singer/guitarist Terry Kath of Chicago – he experienced a terrific rise but an awful fall made worse by health problems and drug abuse before he succumbed to an accidental gunshot wound; here is his vocal of a tune appearing on his final album with the band.

No comments: