Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday Stuff

So NRA liar-in-chief David Keene tells Wolf Blitzer that he’d be open to background checks at gun shows.

Really?

As noted here
National Rifle Association President David Keene suggested to CNN's Candy Crowley that he has little faith in universal background checks, saying they don't work.
And as far as that remark about reporting stolen guns being “problematic” or something, that’s only the case as far as Keene is concerned because, like all common-sense gun measures, he’s fighting that too (here).

The NRA “leadership” is beholden to the gun industry. They’ve long since proved that they don’t give a damn about anyone or anything else, including their own membership…

Update 1/17/13: Uh, yep.



…and Keene also said that terrorists don't buy guns, or something.

Again, really? And please don’t lecture me because the narrator said “fully automatic” – a semi-automatic weapon will kill you just as dead...



…and Chris Matthews has been making a lot of sense lately, and he does again here (and deep down, he knows the reason why the Repugs have gone completely around the bend, but that’s at least a five-minute commentary by itself)…

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


…and when I heard about this, I first felt disgust and revulsion (I also commented on it and other stuff here), but when I heard this tune later today while filling up the Doomsymobile, I thought that the title was perfect to sum up how I feel about it (and concerning the NRA and the Repugs overall I suppose).

No comments: