Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday Stuff

I haven’t read a column like this one today by Arianna Huffington that is this depressing in a long, long time. And we all owe her a debt for writing it.

See, it has to do with how our “friend” Nouri al-Maliki (remember him?) in Iraq (remember there?) is all buddies now with Iran. And how it turns out that, if these eternally-wrong-in-their-cowardly-warmongering conservatives had their way, we would end up fighting both of them if we preemptively went after Iran (with “pre-emptive war” having worked so beautifully in the prior decade).

So, for Liz Cheney and the rest of her foul breed, I thought it apropos to recall this clip from Keith Olbermann (and featuring Rachel Maddow before her own show); even though he may never be on TV again, K.O.'s outsized body of work continues to live on in the blogosphere (and I still dislike that word, but I can’t think of a better one)...

...and I’ve never been completely sold on these guys musically (though their politics rock!), and I don’t usually go in for kids in these tunes because I think it can be exploitative, but I thought this was a catchy number (sorry, no video).

No comments: