Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday Stuff

(Hopefully back to “Do-Gooders And Dregs” tomorrow, by the way…)

Thirty years ago, the former Soviet Union crushed the Polish Solidarity movement and imposed martial law – here is a remembrance (oh, and by the way, Jeane Kirkpatrick reminds us here of Jimmy Carter’s “malaise” speech, which I always thought was a strange thing to call it seeing as how Carter never uttered the word in his speech even once – of course, Kirkpatrick’s spin on the speech is nothing but propaganda, which was typical for her – peversely funny now to hear Richard Perle telling us that “détente didn’t work” when that is exactly what The Sainted Ronnie R pursued with Gorby later that decade).

Also, you may find some of the same parallels that I found between Solidarity in the clip and today’s “Occupy” protests, just to let you know…



…and I’m sorry – I believe in a just and merciful God, but I can’t believe He would let us be lucky enough to get this baboon as the nominee…



…and here is more traditional seasonal fare…



…and I suppose this is too.

No comments: