Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Stuff

Ari, Ari, Bobari - you are such a lying sack of shit...

First (based on the audio), there were more than 2-3 people in that audience booing Stephen Hill, a member of the U.S. Army serving in Iraq, for "coming out" in front of the Repug presidential candidate beauty pageant last night on Fix Noise. Second, I didn't hear anyone yelling out at the booers telling them to knock it off. Third, they weren't booing the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"; that's from a whole other news cycle, and the life forms booing Hill don't have attention spans that long.

Even when Fleischer actually says something good, he can't resist gooning it up like this (and remember the non-reaction of the candidates the next time you hear one of them yapping about "supporting our troops"...but of course, what else can you expect from Fleischer considering this?).

(And yes, I know I'm slipping on my pledge about "gutteral profanity" - I'll work on it)...



...and ssshh, don't wake our corporate media - rock-a-bye baby...



...also, former Philly resident John Coltrane would have been 85 today (sorry, no video)...



...and here's another one of those tunes I've been meaning to get to, more or less.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was raised to believe silence in the face of racism, cruelty, nastiness is a form of approval.

Santorum said in an interview that he did not hear it. I find that unbelievable.

In the previous debate Paul heard the call out from the audience about letting a person die.

I am sure they all heard it so by not responding to the nastiness they approve it.

Shame on them all.

doomsy said...

Here's my test on this - suppose there was a presidential candidates debate and they were all Democrats, and somebody in the audience stood up and yelled out "Free Mumia!" at the top of his or her lungs, and neither the audience or the candidates onstage said anything. We know what kind of mileage Fix Noise, talk radio and the wingnutosphere would have gotten out of that (I realize that and the situation with the gay soldier don't equate exactly, but I would argue that they're somewhat similar at least).