Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Stuff

Something really unbelievable happened today in “left blogostan,” and John Cole of Balloon Juice tells us about it here (h/t Atrios)…

Dave Weigel just resigned. He provided fair and accurate coverage for the Washington Post, but because he said something obnoxious on a private email list after Drudge sent hundreds of screaming wingnuts after him and the DC Examiner printed the name and workplace of his girlfriend, he was forced out. Not because of any of his professional work, but because of a couple intemperate remarks on an allegedly private listserv.

Bill Kristol, Jackson Diehl, Marc Thiessen, whose far more offensive comments are printed on the opinion page every week, still have jobs.

I hope they find out who leaked the emails and his/her career is equally damaged. This is a disgrace.
Actually, as far as I’m concerned, Weigel has grounds to sue, though I have a feeling he’ll be snapped up quickly by some legitimate news organization in the meantime…hope so anyway (and as Keith Olbermann told us tonight on “Countdown,” Tucker Carlson was involved – by the way, Huffington Post called, Tucker; it took a look at “The Daily Caller” and wants its front page back).

And yet again, I would upload the “Countdown” video if MSNBC’s vids weren’t hosed; I’ve contacted them on this and am awaiting a response at the moment.

With Weigel in mind, I thought I’d put up this interview K.O. conducted with him during better times (and I just found this)…

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



…and I don’t know about you, but I’m more than a little fed up with a certain moose-hunting former Alaska governor who quit halfway through her term making remarks about “real Americans.”

I don’t expect a single-brain-celled organism like Sarah Palin to have understanding enough to realize how hurtful the actions of her political party are to those who are out of work, but assuming anyone else in her party has a functioning synapse or two between their ears, then they should know (I gave up long ago on expecting anyone in the Republican Party to have a conscience...oh, and here is another example from Huckleberry Graham).

So this song goes out to Sarah Palin’s “real Americans” who are getting kicked in the teeth on a daily basis by the Repugs (when those fine folks aren’t getting used as campaign props by Palin and her pals, that is – here, here, and here are related posts).



Update 6/26/10: I thought this was a good post on this subject also ("fun-employment," huh? From Frank Luntz's lips to that idiot's ears, I guess).

No comments: