Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Tuesday Stuff

Gee, I wonder if those people who were quite rightly upset with Jim Bunning know that Rand Paul thought what Bunning did - holding up unemployment benefits, that is - was just fine (here...Trey Grayson agreed with Paul and Bunning as well, I should note)?

And God bless Sue Mason, and we wish her the best - I can't think of a word to describe how utterly vile it is to deny someone employment because they don't know a computer software program in their chosen field that they could no doubt be easily trained to use...

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



...and congratulations to "Goodhair" Perry, as The Eternal Molly Ivins used to call him; Texas deserves him (and if that isn't a tongue-in-cheek remark, I don't know what is...and sorry, I don't get Rachel's "Man After Midnight" reference; Abba parodies? Really??)...

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



...and I would say the title of this song definitely applies to Bunning (and Paul Jr., really)...



...and a hat tip goes out to Mrs. Doomsy for this; she brought to my attention the fact that yesterday would have been the 100th birthday of David Niven, and this clip of Oscar performances (which, shockingly, is still available - the "suits" haven't made sure this was taken down yet) includes Niven and the streaker at about 2:30 (and I'll be watching on Sunday - I think Steve Martin will do a good job, though I could do without Alec Baldwin).

No comments: