Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday Stuff

I'll try to get back to "Do-Gooders And Dregs" tomorrow, for what its worth, but I can't promise anything at the moment. In the meantime, I give you a Democrat who actually has a spine (here - take notes, Harry; I knew there was a reason why we fought so hard for this guy, and I'm glad we did...good job by Sherrod Brown also to back up Al on this)...



...and here is Howard Dean to explain the point of view that is so "dumb" to Joke Line (and by the way, I know I should know better than to be impudent enough to disagree with my "A" list betters, but this whole notion of that, somehow, we were wrong to get excited about expanding Medicare in place of the public option lest we give "Short Ride" Lieberman cause to disagree with it (here) is one of the silliest things I've ever heard coming from people I otherwise respect; for us to assume that Lieberman only acted when we embraced the Medicare expansion in place of the P.O. is either inflating our own egos or it assumes cowardice that is unbecoming of us - sorry to use profanity, but I don't know how else to say it...fuck Lieberman - he was going to do what he was going to do anyway independent of anything we ever did)...



...also, I've noted a few anniversaries this year, but I would be remiss if we got to 2010 without acknowledging "Kind of Blue," the highest-selling jazz LP (again, remember them?) of all time that was recorded in 1959, and was the subject of this congressional citation today (hat tip to BP at WRTI in these parts for that one; Miles Davis and John Coltrane are featured of course, and I have a feeling that's McCoy Tyner on piano, but I'm not positive)...



...and there's no way I can forget to include this holiday selection, can I (by the nativity scene...)?

1 comment:

Steve Silberman said...

That would be Red Garland on piano, not McCoy Tyner. As far as I know McCoy never played with Miles, and was in Coltrane's band later.