Sunday, December 17, 2023

Sunday Stuff


Nina Turner of Rebel HQ tells us about Marjorie Trailer Park Greene railing about the EV plant in her district (more here)...as of now, 4 Democrats are running in the primary election scheduled for next May...and yeah, I know this is a pretty solid “R” seat despite Greene’s lunacy, but there’s no percentage at all if we do nothing in response.



And speaking of Republican idiocy, I believe I need to communicate the following item.

First of all, I have to confess that I shop very infrequently at Home Depot. And yes, I know the person in charge of Home Depot is a Trumpist a-hole who believes workers in this country are lazy and deserve absolutely nothing from our government (here). And I’ve gone out of my way to the Lowe’s in my area from time to time as a matter of principle, but unfortunately, Home Depot has a better selection for what I need.

Well, I journeyed to the one in my area (Fairless Hills, more or less), picked up some seasonal stuff, and while I was exiting the parking lot, I found myself behind a certain individual with the bumper sticker shown below.

(I should also note, by the way, that Home Depot, and actually the Lowe’s in Middletown also, are pretty much wingnut central. Bumper stickers like the one in the pic are definitely not a “one off.”)

To me, this puts a bit of emphasis on the fact that WE NEED TO GET FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS REGISTERED TO VOTE if they aren't already and we also need to MAKE SURE THEY GET TO THE POLLS. Life forms like this character in the Lincoln 4x4 pictured above most definitely will be voting, and we need to do all we can to electorally neutralize him and others like him (and yes, a guy was driving).

...continuing, David Doel tells us about all the wingnut umbrage over a Dem staffer who allegedly filmed gay sex in a Senate hearing room, so of course this person was fired, and OF COOOURRRSE wingnut media are losing what’s left of their minds over it...and no, I don’t condone it either, but can we get a freaking grip, people? Also, I like the way Doel presents that clip of Generalissimo Trump using white nationalist dictator rhetoric again at one of his hate rallies, with Doel basically saying to us, “what do YOU think matters more?” (mildly NSFW/H)...



...and this gives me a chance to work in a couple of more seasonal tunes.



No comments: