Thursday, December 21, 2023

Thursday Stuff


Brian Tyler Cohen discusses the “Mayor of 9/11” and the $148 million judgment against him for maligning the mother and daughter Georgia poll workers in the ’20 election...Rudy! obviously has never learned the phrase “when you’re in a hole, stop digging”...this guy could have absolutely coasted, but because he aligned himself with Mango Mussolini, he’ll likely be disbarred and spend the rest of his life paying off debts for his malfeasance (more here)...



Update: This trick didn't work for Alex Jones, and it won't work for Rudy either.

...and I want to go a little “inside baseball” here a bit and point out the following...when I’m in holiday mode like this, I’m more prone to skip around certain videos that might have been a little more topical previously...that’s not my cunning plan by any means, but it’s just the way things turn out sometimes; I’m saying this because this fine Majority Report clip with Emma V. on Israel’s Gaza incursion might have been more timely earlier in the week or last week, but it just got bumped for other stuff...educational for yours truly, I have to admit, because I’d hung onto the possibility of a two-state solution for the Palestinians when in reality that may have been just a liberal pipe dream given all of those stinking settlements on the West Bank...even Yitzhak Rabin apparently said that the Palestinians should have “less than a state” or something, and he got his brains blown out just for that...makes me despair over this issue even more actually, and I realize that’s not constructive either, but I just don’t know how else to react over this, aside from cutting off Israel at its metaphorical knees unless it agrees to mediation to get its remaining hostages freed, assuming they aren’t already dead (and this makes me detest “Bibi” and his cadre of “true believers” in Israel and this country even more, including that shameless harpie arguing with the interviewer)...



...and it’s also an incredible downer to watch this clip from David Doel on PA’s Dem U.S. Senator John Fetterman...I think Fetterman has made the political calculation that he doesn’t have a snowball’s chance of remaining in the U.S. Senate unless he cozies up to AIPAC, which sadly is probably correct, and no, I don’t know what the answer to that is either at the moment...I should say that I’m not completely comfortable with Doel’s framing of “not many Israeli civilian deaths,” though the power balance numbers he presents when compared with casualties in Gaza are irrefutable IMO...yes, I’m very concerned about Fetterman’s clownish behavior also when it comes to the Gaza carnage, but I’m not ready to totally give up on the guy based on this alone, though it is pretty bad (haven't forgotten that we could have been stuck with "Dr. Crudite") – hopefully there will be no other reason for me to bail on him (and yeah, to say you’re not a progressive after all those tweets is beyond belief; THAT is more concerning to me than anything...slightly NSFW/H)...



...and as a bit of a “compare and contrast” exercise, Mike Figueredo sez that AIPAC is planning to spend $100 million to get rid of progressive candidates (I don’t need any additional reasons to detest AIPAC, though this is pretty damn disgusting also; imagine the better ways that money could be put to use for their nation as well as the Palestinians on Gaza)...according to Ryan Grim, though (mentioned in the TMR clip), AOC told AIPAC what they could do...and before anybody asks, “Why didn’t John Fetterman do that?,” let me point out that, at best, PA is plus 2 or 3 on the D side (which is basically a tossup as far as I’m concerned), but AOC's district is about a +14 in favor of the Dems, so she can afford to take that position...and I think Shri Thanedar is a lying idiot also (NSFW/H)...



And by the way, here are links to help members of “the squad”...
  • Jamaal Bowman (click here)
  • Cori Bush (click here)
  • Pramila Jayapal (click here)
  • Summer Lee (click here)
  • AOC (click here)
  • Ilhan Omar (click here)
  • Ayanna Pressley (click here)
  • Rashida Tlaib (click here)
  • ...continuing, here are more seasonal offerings.







    No comments: