Monday, December 18, 2023

Monday Stuff


The latest clip from Second Thought tells us How The Far Right Infiltrates U.S. Education (I honestly didn’t know that Dennis Prager has 3.2 million YouTube subscribers...ugh...those poor kids; if I was being forced to watch a video of Jordan freaking Peterson, I might end up wanting to “go postal” myself...and why am I also not surprised to see that this motley outfit has gotten such a buildup in Flori-DUUUH!? And why is it no damn surprise either that this garbage can be traced back to The Sainted Ronnie R? –“capitalism is not equipped to solve the problems it creates”...and IMO “we sold our souls for short-term profit maximization” should be written on the headstone of the very last boomer who sheds his or her mortal coil...and I heard about the dustup with Nebula, but I didn’t want to say anything b/c I wasn’t sure how verifiable the rumor was; I’m glad it wasn’t as severe as I’d heard at first)...



...and don’t look now, but our corporate media is actually DOING SOME INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING INSTEAD OF PRATTLING ON ABOUT THE POLITICAL “HORSE RACE”...Lester Holt and reporter Sam Brock of NBC News inform us of the utter scam of Medicare Advantage, with claims routinely denied...of course, the Medicare enrollment period just ended; not sure why this report didn’t air during enrollment instead of after it...



...and I know I’ve alluded to this before, but I’m going to do it again – Rachel Maddow tells us that this Congress is the most pitiable bunch of losers we’ve seen since Herbert Hoover and The Great Depression (22 bills passed with our current gaggle of idiots and frauds as opposed to 21 about 90 years ago)...and yes, this is symptomatic of a slow lurch towards authoritarianism, which we have to fight with all of the legal means at our disposal (more here)...



Update 12/19/23: I updated this item to correct the number of bills; I admit that math was never my strong suit :-).

...well, for some good news, this video from More Perfect Union tells us about the successful unionization effort by the UAW at the Blue Bird plant in Georgia, which should be helpful in the EV-powered future for vehicles such as school buses...great to see a victory for labor in hostile terrain; I suppose this clip is a bookend of sorts for yesterday’s nonsense with Marjorie Traitor Greene saying she didn’t want jobs in her district because it would take workers from existing businesses (translation: she doesn’t want workers to benefit from a labor competition which is a positive outcome of job growth and economic development...and kudos to that brave Bluebird worker who gave the TV interview)...



...and here are more seasonal tunes.







No comments: