Saturday, July 29, 2023

Saturday Stuff


Jesse Dollemore tells us that it looks like 20 million of our fellow Americans say we need violence to reinstall a certain Treasonous Orange Pustule to An Oval Office again...and yeah, this Guardian story is scary for sure, but as Dollemore says, “both sides-ing” this is utter nonsense...”anger and radicalization,” whatever “radicalization” means (just saying that can be open to interpretation, that's all), is definitely not the same thing as a threat or actual violent move of some type against someone or something, which the Trumpsters are more than willing to do again, and I see ZERO equivalent on our side when it comes to this madness...



...and Sam and Emma of The Majority Report bring us the news that the utterly odious Frank Luntz is trying to sound the alarm about the latest ad from The Gropenfuhrer, this one about the “deep state” of course (though I agree with the TMR crew that the only individuals who will be motivated to do anything are the lizard-brained earthlings that comprise Cult 45 and probably no one else)...and yeah, among the other lunacies, there’s the bit about “owning every politician that mattered” and they have a pic of Michael Moore, WHO ISN’T EVEN A FREAKING POLITICIAN!!!...



...well, at least the mayor of Erie in our beloved commonwealth of PA has apparently gotten the memo, you might say, and he wants Mango Mussolini to pay the cost of his upcoming brown shirt rally tonight in advance since there apparently is a matter of $35K outstanding from one of #45’s 2018 hate fests there (Ana and Cenk of TYT...one of the best critiques of the MAGA lunatics I’ve heard in a while, to be fair)...



...and when it comes to other Repugs who want to be preznit, Max Burns of Rebel HQ tells us about Tim Scott, who definitely wants to cut Social Security for younger voters along with #DeathSantis, Pence, Nikki Haley, and pretty much the rest of that damn party (and as Biden basically said, Scott starts throwing around these numbers for Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security which actually pale when compared to the TRILLIONS in tax cuts signed into law by Combover Caligula, which his party in Congress passed of course)...



...and speaking of the governor of Flori-DUUH!, apparently he would nominate RFK Jr. to run the FDA or the CDC if, by some catastrophic development, #DeathSantis ends up winning the election next year...I thought this was a good clap-back from The Lincoln Project (more here)...



...and Mehdi Hasan speaks with Paul Krugman about Biden’s economy and what I would call the gulf between public perception and economic reality – and let’s not forget the importance of the Infrastructure Investment Act, the Inflation Reduction Act and the CHIPS Act also.

And by the way, I give Hasan credit for pushing the point about how the Dems CONTINUALLY SCREW UP THE MESSAGING on just about any damn issue and let the other side run with their utter BS narratives, which end up filling the void on social media because the “D” party REFUSES TO FIGHT BACK! (and to be fair to Krugman, I really don’t expect him to be an expert on that topic). And yes, we know what the online stuff is (including this space, I’ll admit), but if you’re serious about winning hearts and minds, you’d damn well better be out there trying to tell people THE FREAKING TRUTH!

(And yes, I know I’ve beat this drum many times, but I believe I have to yet again. And I'll even admit that it's not completely the fault of Team "D.")

Here is yet another example. Lauren Boebert is truly one of the most vile examples of homo sapiens walking on two legs as far as I’m concerned, and we all know about how she threw the pin in the trash of the young girl who was one of the victims of the Uvalde massacre. Well, as noted in the Yahoo News story, she’s blaming the fact that she was wearing air pods and mistook the individual who handed her the pin for someone who had confronted her earlier.

As far as I’m concerned, that excuse is totally ridiculous, but utterly typical. However, as a bit of a “thought exercise,” let’s pretend that what she says is the truth. Do you want to know how an actual adult with a scintilla of brains and/or compassion likely would have handled an incident like this? They would have said, “The other day, I was approached by someone who handed me a pin that represented 10-year-old Maite Rodriguez, who was killed by a gunman in Uvalde, TX. It was shaped in the form of one of the sneakers she typically wore. I mistakenly took the pin and tossed it in the trash without thinking, and I am genuinely sorry for such a callous act. As a response, here is what I want to do. My office will donate $25,000 to Everytown USA or The Brady Campaign to combat gun violence. I personally don’t support these organizations, but I would like to extend this gesture of goodwill on behalf of Maite Rodriguez and the other Uvalde victims and their families and friends. Thank you.”

I realize that, as this Repug Party is presently composed, there is ZERO POSSIBILITY that ANYONE in that group would even contemplate a gesture like this. However, as I said, this is what an actual adult with a scintilla of brains and/or compassion would do. And the fact that there is STONE FREAKING SILENCE on this from those professional election losers at the DNC and DCCC is a typically pathetic response (and that also goes for Adam Frisch, who supposedly is running to try and unseat Boebert next year. I haven’t heard a peep from him on this either).

Anyway, here is the Hasan/Krugman clip...



...and I’m a little behind on this I know, but John and Brett Erlich bring us their “garbage people” from the week before last I believe, and Kyrsten Sinema made that list for her idiotic “Barbenheimer” tweet...God, is this woman ever living in her own private Idaho, you might say (though RoJo still led the pack in awfulness, which is definitely “on the nose” for him...I definitely plan to see "Oppenheimer," and if I have anything worthwhile to say, I may post about it, just to warn you in advance)...



...and I hope you’re ready to rock into the weekend with this new little number.

No comments: