Saturday, December 31, 2022

Saturday Stuff


Thom Hartmann tells us that Flori-DUUUH! Repug Guv Ron #DeathSantis recently announced that a grand jury with subpoena power will look into the vaccines produced by Big Pharma since apparently #DeathSantis (along with his flunky of a surgeon general Joseph Ladapo) doesn’t trust them (the vaccines I mean), and as Hartmann notes, Ladapo (in addition to being a fraud for other reasons as noted here) is also a vaccine skeptic...what could go wrong, I wonder? - I led off with Greg Abbott in Texas yesterday; both Abbott and #DeathSantis were up for re-election this year, and both were returned to office by sizeable margins, so with all due respect to the hardworking Dems fighting lonely battles in Texas and “The Sunshine State,” voters in both of those locations can go “f” themselves...



...and Jesse Dollemore tells us about a book coming out in January by author Chris Whipple about a potential domestic terror threat in this country from inside the Secret Service, to the point where Biden didn’t trust his own S.S. detail (isn’t this the stuff that happens in banana republics, and I don’t mean the clothing retailer of course?)...



...and with the January 6th Committee winding down, Don Winslow tells us about everybody who did NOT get criminal referrals to the DOJ (I guess they’re leaving this all up to Special Prosecutor Jack Smith...we’ll see)...



...and I have to admit that I fell down a bit earlier this year by not acknowledging the passing of author and activist Barbara Ehrenreich; Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez of Democracy Now! Interview Alissa Quart as a remembrance...



...and I now give you the last installment of “This Day In Doomsy History” for the year; this clip originally aired prior to the 2010 midterm elections, but I put it up again on 12/31/10 as a reminder of what Democrats were able to accomplish when they were in charge of the entire federal government (and for less than 2 years at that) during President Obama’s first term (with historian Michael Beschloss...a comparable record under Biden and a Dem congress can be read about from here... I would ask that you keep this in mind while the “clown car caucus” takes over the U.S. House in a few days and wastes its time with doing virtually nothing that you could reasonably call “the people’s business,” unfortunately)...



...and with the conclusion of the 117th Congress, that means that we can bid farewell to Louie Gohmert (who, in the following clip with John I., Cenk and Michael Shure, basically complained that you can’t lie to the FBI...uh, yeah, you dimwit! - and they're referencing Trumper Peter Navarro, by the way; also, as a bit of a bonus, Ana presents a clip of Gohmert asking if you can change the rotation of the moon...yep, Louie's elevator doesn't run all the way to the top, if you get my drift)...




...and speaking of elevators, we’re FINALLY, MERCIFULLY DONE AT LAST! with “No Corporate Tax” Pat Toomey (more here and here)...



...and as I approach my 19th year of doing this mess, believe it or not, I want to take a minute (as is my custom) and thank everyone who has spent any time at this site over the last year...there were victories to celebrate and losses to mourn, but I honestly think we can build on our successes into the new year, so to me, that’s a reason for hope. Also, given what kind of a “seat of the pants” operation this site is, I don’t know for certain how long I’ll be able to keep it going in its present form, but I’ll do the best I can. As I’ve said before, I’d like to do longer content pieces with links, but the videos with some commentary is the best I can do to keep the issues that matter to me (and to you I’m sure) front and center. Also, I haven’t really figured out how to monetize this thing (or to devote the time to that more importantly), but if I do, I’ll have to be a lot more careful about content excerpts and the graphics that I attach to these posts, but we’ll just have to wait and see about that. I’ll do my best to keep you posted.

But for now, let’s sign off for 2022 with my usual anthem, with best wishes for all good things in the new year (timed for the belated 76th birthday of Patti Smith).

No comments: