Saturday, March 06, 2021

Saturday Stuff


Well, it FINALLY passed (here – with absolutely ZERO Republican support in Congress)...



...but not including the $15-an-hour federal minimum wage, as noted in the pic (explained by Cenk, John and Koa Beck...and again, it should be noted that Angus King is officially an independent)...



...and the frustration of Chris Hayes here with Joe Manchin and Jeanne Shaheen trying to limit the COVID payments is pretty damn obvious and apropos (and I don’t know how Biden DOESN’T have his thumb on the metaphorical scale here – yep, stuff like this may make the Dem Senate majority go “poof,” and the House is hanging by a thread too...but again, between all the cruel, pointless obstruction over COVID relief and what happened on 1/6, Congressional Dems have plenty of ammunition to use against the "party of Lincoln")...



...and, in addition to Stacey Abrams in GA for helping to ensure that the Dems had the Senate majority to get this done, I think Chris Murphy deserves a lot of credit for this presentation earlier in the week...



...and Thom Hartmann gives us some important context on what’s going on with the COVID economy, as well as Amazon raising its minimum wage to $15 an hour...



...and I know I linked to this earlier, but I’m including the video again, and actually, get ready to see a lot of this...as far as I’m concerned, politically, Kyrsten Sinema is a “dead Dem walking” for this, which she completely deserves; I’ll do as much as I can to promote her inevitable primary challenger (I’m not sure I’ve ever seen such clueless political behavior from a Dem in my life)...



...and RIP Tony Hendra of National Lampoon and "This Is Spinal Tap"...



...and happy upcoming International Women's Day.

No comments: