Monday, March 01, 2021

Monday Stuff


Cenk and Ana of TYT tell us about a recent medical study examining what being a conservative does to your brain and the tendency to support authoritarians...make no mistake, though; I don’t want to see ONE DIME of my taxpayer money spent on helping these life forms – they made that choice...let them live with it (besides, would they show a shred of decency and compassion for lefties? I think Farron Cousins also had a recent related commentary) - and yeah, it looks like the network that gives them their marching orders in this country was at it again as noted here...



...and speaking of authoritarians, Kyle K. tells us that Liz Cheney compared Americans opposing what appears to be our “permanent war” footing any more to Nazi appeasers (she really should be careful when criticizing the "America First" movement because, though there is merit in that position, group membership cut across ideological boundaries, and she's giving de facto support to the Democratic administration of FDR)...in a way, this is good, because I was actually starting to feel a little sympathetic towards her since she supported impeaching Our Treasonous Tiny Handed Russian Operative of a former *president, but no more (NSFW) – and by the way, I would call that “pot, meet kettle” based on this...



...and it looks like the cops have so much dough that they can deploy a “robot dog,” or at least the NYPD can, as David Doel tells us...yes, this definitely is more ammunition for “defund the police,” and again, that’s a terrible slogan, but worse than that, doing ANYTHING against the police is ABSOLUTELY TOXIC for Dem candidates running in the suburbs...we can scream about that all day long, but believe me when I tell you that elderly conservative voters ARE NOT GOING TO BE MOVED...



...and John I. talks with Dr. Rashad Richey about lawyers working to reunite separated immigrant kids with their families; good work so far, but much more needs to be done of course (I was surprised to hear that anecdote about The Sainted Ronnie R...more here)...



...and this “Now This” clip features Yale law professor William Eskridge speaking out against his former students Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley, both of whom voted against Merrick Garland by the way – actually, I think Hawley has voted no to ALL of Biden’s nominees (here)...



...and let’s “set the wayback, Sherman” (a dated boomer reference I know) to just about 50 years ago for this number – I know I included a tune from Chicago at Carnegie Hall a couple of weeks ago...here’s another one.

No comments: