Friday, March 05, 2021

Friday Stuff


Willie Geist of “Morning Joe” brings us a segment with Dr. Vin Gupta speaking with a lady who had to move closer to a hospital for treatment of her ongoing COVID symptoms; the death toll from this plague is horrific enough, but another aspect to this story that I think is completely under-reported is how much care those afflicted will need, probably for the rest of their lives (love to be wrong on that)...



...and with the prior clip in mind, I now give you the latest installment of “This Day In Doomsy History” (more or less) from 3/6/20 (just going around the block this time, as it were) with Dr. Irvin Redlener of Columbia University speaking about the level of incompetence coming from the Trump regime on the Covid-19 outbreak (I would say that Redlener was prescient with his 12-18 month forecast...just a note that videos from MSNBC’s web site auto play into each other...probably should have pointed that out awhile ago I know)...



...and this “Now This” clip tells us about the NAACP using a precedent related to the Ku Klux Klan to sue Generalissimo Trump over the 1/6 insurrection (and in a related story, I give you this)...



...and Sam and Emma of “The Majority Report” tell us about the Idaho state rep (some fool name Charlie Shepherd – and do I really need to identify the political party?) who spoke out against a $6 mil US gov’t grant to expand child care, presumably because mothers don't need the help (???)...we do so love our kids, don’t we...



...and David Doel tells us about the 7 Dem U.S. Senators (and one independent, Angus King of Maine) who voted down the $15 federal minimum wage proposal; I think some of them are flat-out opposed, like Carper and Coons (the big banks in DE tell them to jump, and they ask how high), but I also think some were looking for cover over this “ruling from the parliamentarian” BS...one of them, Maggie Hassan, is up in 2022 and is ALREADY asking me for $$$...she won’t get one dime from me now because of this...whether they’re opposed on the merits or over the parliamentarian thing doesn’t matter to me because the net effect is the same...and yeah, we know what a traitorous tool Josh Hawley is, but it needs to be pointed out again...and great TYT reporting on Manchin’s business interests...and as far as Sinema is concerned, this speaks for itself (I want to know who’s going to primary her so I can make a donation); if Dems don’t deliver on this, they can kiss their newly-won Senate majority goodbye (though I also think that David Sirota’s idea to “burn down the whole thing” is nuts too; I know that thinking is what “centrist” Dems count on, which makes them even more vile to me as far as I’m concerned...probably a lot more to say about this for another time)...



...and I’m looking for a way to ease into the weekend, and I think this tune will definitely help with that (hopefully for you too).

No comments: