Friday, August 14, 2020

Friday Stuff

 


Yeah, “It’ll be fixed, it’ll be rigged” all right – more projection from Generalissimo Trump on all the havoc he’s unleashing at the Post Office…



…and continuing with this theme, Trump’s lackey Louis DeJoy is trying to remove mail sorting equipment to screw up the Post Office…and not a word in response from ANYBODY of the “party of Lincoln” (and the reason for the money problems with the Post Office are explained here; of course, a fix was proposed by U.S. House Dems (H.R. 2382), but it’s stuck on the desk of Sen. Grim Reaper of Kentucky…to do something about #midnightmoscowmitch and his same-party pals, click here)…



Update 8/15/20: And speaking of stuff stuck on the desk of Sen. Mr. Elaine Chao, let's not forget this (and I think this about says it)...to do something about it, click here and here.

…and Rachel Maddow covers this also; maybe this is overkill on my part, but I think this story requires it, and why do I feel like the regime of the Gropenfuhrer isn’t going to care about a sternly worded letter from Sen. Amy Klobuchar and other Senate Democrats, well intentioned though that may be? And yes, I realize Dems can’t do much more about this, particularly in the U.S. Senate…and yeah, just “recycle” political mail such as absentee ballot applications if they don’t get delivered, right? What could go wrong?



…and this gripping New York Times video gives us an insight into what some of the health care workers in “the big apple” are dealing with when it comes to treating COVID patients; maybe I’m not looking in the right places on my teevee, but I don’t see stories like this, so I think I should call them out here…



…and yeah, about COVID-19, this damn sure didn’t need to happen of course…44 warned us, as noted here (along with the aftermath from Our Traitorous Orange Pustule)…



…and returning to the political campaign stuff, John I. and Jayar Jackson tell us more on how Dem U.S. House Rep Ilhan Omar of Minnesota defeated a well-funded primary challenger to keep her seat…



…and Seth Meyers gives us kind of a “turbo” version of the monologue (yeah, it’s a day or so behind the news cycle I know, but still has some stuff worth noting…disgusting that Dr. Fauci has to provide security for his family – I’d love to see all these Trumpian life forms rounded up and carted off to immigration detention facilities on the border where we’re still detaining kids, and let the kids go of course – pretty much what both deserves at this point)…



...and I need something a little upbeat and life-affirming - hope this works for you too.

No comments: