Friday, July 15, 2005

Wasn't 'Eminent Domain' Enough, People?

I saw a story on CNN a few minutes ago that some leading women senators asked Sandra Day O'Connor to return as Chief Justice in the event that Rehnquist bags it (though he seems to have no intention of doing that). But apparently, the story is gone because I can't find a link. Hmmm...

With that in mind, I have this to offer. I'd apologize to the late, great Clyde McPhatter ("Lover Please") if I could for this one...

Sandy please, please come back
Don't let Bushco appoint some hack
Like J.R. Brown whose temper is spent
Declaring war on the government

Sandy please, please don't go
Though we could tolerate Alito
Luttig clerked for Scalia - oh my
And not Gonzales, the torture guy

Sandy please, you're our "pet"
Hellfire from a "moderate"
You spoke for those at Guantanamo
But installed Dubya to run the show
I could add more...but why?

No comments: