Friday, July 15, 2005

Couldn't Find Bill's Member, Though

(See Atrios and The All Spin zone, by the way, to find out why ABC correspondent Ann Compton thought "Lewinsky-gate" was the most difficult story she had to cover in 30 years of reporting, including her White House stint during the Clinton Administration. I mean, I can see where it would make her squeamish, but I'd think either Iraq War I or especially II or Iran-Contra, portraying Reagan as a doddering old fool, would be harder to report.)

Reading this, I wonder if Hillary is trying to steal some thunder from the faux Christian "moral values" crowd. If so, I think it's a smart tactical move.

Doing this makes me think that, the more she says she's not running in '08 for prez, the more she really is. The problem is that's the dose of red meat that the right-wing barking head brigade tosses to its audience on a daily basis.

1 comment:

Christopher Trottier said...

As long as liberals are perceived as "soft", they will not gain the upper hand in Middle America.