Wednesday, April 06, 2022

Wednesday Stuff


Beau of the Fifth Column discusses what comes next for the “party of Lincoln” in the wake of three Republican U.S. Senators (Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins and Mitt Romney) saying they will vote to confirm Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to the U.S. Supreme Court; this is kind of a “glass half empty” perspective I’ll admit, but it tells you how much the proverbial deck is stacked against us that we have to fight so hard for an incredibly qualified person to be confirmed while “I Like Beer” Kavanaugh, Gorsuch and Amy Coney Island Baby Barrett basically skated onto the High Court (some blow back against a particular Republican U.S. Senator is noted a litle later...and speaking of nutty Republicans, I also give you this...and to be honest, this isn't surprising to anybody out there paying attention)...



...and I haven’t checked in with Brian Tyler Cohen in a little while, not for any particular reason I should emphasize; here, he tells us of Maria Bartiromo being forced to admit a great recent jobs report from the Biden Administration...and no, I don’t think anyone at Fix Noise gives a damn about whether or not the job that’s created is “low paying” or not (mildly NSFW/H...clip ends at about 7:24)...



...and Sam and Emma talk about “Tokyo Rose” Gabbard and her infatuation with wingnuttery and our kids (a particularly good analysis here of this fraud IMO...of course, Gabbard provides NO SPECIFICS anywhere, such as actual citations of poor student performance from reputable sources – yes, I’m sure that’s a “thing,” but when you’re making the charges she makes, she should have some actual, y’know, DATA to support her argument)...



...and the latest from Second Thought tells us about the secret history of drugs and capitalism (no real big “gotchas” here, but a lot of important historical context on how the U.S. has crafted its drug policy to achieve maximum economic impact against less prosperous countries, to say nothing of pointlessly incarcerating certain demographics of the population versus providing common sense treatments for drug dependency, including needle exchanges)...



...and John I. and Dan Evans of The Damage Report tell us about Repug U.S. Senator Charles Grasshole really getting it from a voter in a town hall over the way the Senate Repugs acted during the KBJ circus (I’m starting to get REALLY fed up with the dreaded “CW” from EVERYBODY that the “party of Lincoln” is going to “run the table” in the midterms later this year...yes, I have a pretty good idea that there is reason to believe that, but we need to keep fighting as much as we can regardless...I don’t think it’s hyperbole at all to say that democracy itself is at stake)...



Update 4/8/22: Well said.

...and somewhat with the prior clip in mind, David Pakman tells us that it looks like COVID may have killed more Repug voters than Dems...it’s awful when ANYONE dies from COVID or any other reason, I hasten to add...



...and speaking of those who have departed, I have to tell you that it takes an awful lot to make me stop dead in my tracks over something, but that’s how I feel about the news of the passing of Eric Boehlert; I can’t freaking believe it, to be honest...my deepest sympathies to all concerned...ugh (here he is recently doing what he did so well, and that is to hold our utterly bought-and-paid-for corporate media to account, in the matter of the recent Ginni Thomas revelations)...



...and as long as I’m on the melancholy subject of people who have died, RIP Philly music legend Bobby Rydell (here).

No comments: