Monday, March 22, 2021

Monday Stuff


It appears as if Dem U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse wants a “redo” on “I Like Beer” Brett Kavanaugh’s alleged FBI investigation (John and Jayar of The Damage Report tell us more... I took what Jayar said at the end to mean that people would remember the theatrics of Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing, in particular with Huckleberry Graham, more than they would the actual facts and evidence, and unfortunately I think that’s correct)...



...and Sam and Emma tell us that Trumper Lee Zeldin got a little testy when asked whether or not Biden own the election last year...what a tool...just say the freaking words! (and of course, as noted, he was on this list)...



...and while I think there is something to be said about religious oppression contributing to the “incel” insanity, from institutionalized religion overall, at a certain point, it also comes down to individual choice...God knows the Catholic Church hasn’t budged for centuries on this subject, though it should, but I also don’t recall an “incel” movement over centuries either...sexual oppression isn’t a legitimate excuse IMHO to get a gun, go to some Atlanta massage parlors and kill 8 people (Thom Hartmann tells us more)...



...and I thought this was a good segment from Chris Hayes on the dustup in Tennessee over the bust of Confederate traitor and murderer Nathan Bedford Forest in the state capitol (Hayes speaks with state rep London Lamar...as usual, if the Repugs don’t like the outcome of the game, they want to pick up their ball and go home)...



...and speaking of games, David Doel tells us that Bobby Kotick of Activision Blizzard got a huge bonus after laying off a gang of employees (nice freaking guy – I’m definitely not a gamer, and I don’t intend to be especially after this...mildly NSFW)...



...in reality, though, I guess the title of this tune is emblematic of what I used to play at happy hour on Fridays many moons ago (that and Tetris of course...definitely assisted the experience to have a few belts before I popped my quarters, but please don't imitate this, I hasten to add).

No comments: