Saturday, March 20, 2021

Saturday Stuff


It looks to me like FL Gov. Ron DeathSantis is taking a page out of the Repug playbook of “Don’t pay attention to what is actually important – look over there instead!” with this typically stoo-pid pronouncement that “critical race theory” isn’t going to be taught in schools in The Sunshine State (believe it or not, I’d actually never heard of that, so this made me look it up...I’ll admit that, being a filthy unkempt liberal blogger, I SHOULD HAVE known about it, so yeah – thanks, I guess? And yeah, “please clap”...John and Brett tell us about it)...



Update: More here.

...and Sam and Emma V. tell us about the Biden staffers let go or reassigned because they used pot – not sure why this step was taken if these people passed a security clearance (definitely not on board with legal weed for recreational use for selfish personal reasons, but if people want it, it should be the law of the land or state or wherever...medical pot should just be the way it is with marinol prescribed anyway, decriminalization should be federalized and dispensaries should be able to operate like regular businesses...all that being said, I think Emma is right that Biden was adhering to the letter of the law somehow, but yeah, firing the staffers is pretty dumb given that his veep actually joked about taking a toke)...



Update: It's kind of infuriating to find myself aligned in any way with utter idiots like Nebraska Repug Gov. Pete Ricketts (here).

...and this Now This clip tells us about the 12 Repugs who voted against honoring Capitol police, which was more than the number of the “party of Lincoln” who voted to hold Our Traitorous Orange Pustule to account for his role in the 1/6 insurrection (the latter folks are also included in this video)...



...and with the prior clip in mind, I should note that we have new disturbing video from the 1/6 riot against the Capitol cops, with commentary from David Shuster, along with Cenk and Wosny Lambre (great point at the very end from Cenk about how the wingnuts truly define “law and order”)...



...and Jeff Waldorf tells us that the Trump figure at Madame Tussaud’s in San Antonio (didn’t know they had one there) had to be removed temporarily because people kept punching it (which, to be fair, also happened with Dubya and President Hopey Changey, sort of)...



...and with the last clip in mind, I thought I’d present this tune which, to me, contains one of the all-time great rock lyrics...”I love you from the bottom of my organism”...genius!

No comments: