Tuesday, December 08, 2020

Tuesday Stuff


I would call this a bit of “tough love” from our friends up north, though it’s completely called for IMHO – would that politicians in this country were so direct (the “D” party does what it can I know, though I guess that's debatable, but the “R” party has pretty much taken a flyer, you might say, when it comes to common sense on this issue, as noted here)...



...and on this same subject, John and Brett Erlich tell us that The Swanson TV Dinner Heir basically told his audience to pretty much just die and deal with it...



...and David Doel tells us that Rick Santelli recently had a snit with Andrew Ross Sorkin on CNBC since Santelli was mad because indoor dining isn’t available due to COVID restrictions (keeping up with the theme of media idiocy – hard to garner sympathy for Sorkin I have to say, and we know what happened the last time Santelli went nuts on the air, though that was all staged of course – here)...




...and RIP Philadelphia Phillies legend Dick Allen (he also played for the Chicago White Sox) – I thought this was a pretty darn good overview of his career (he didn't make it to the HOF, which is a damn shame actually, though he may get in now); I’d forgotten just how good he was, and Dave Sims is right about the crap he had to put up with at that time, though I wish to emphasize that the Phillies as an organization, to say nothing of the fans, have come light years ahead of all of that...a little lost with some of the statistical acronyms, I have to admit...clip on Allen goes until about 4:45 – I’m sure it will be noted how much Allen gave back to the community, as well as being a maturing influence to players like Mike Schmidt, Greg Luzinski and Larry Bowa, who were brand new at around the time Allen’s career was winding down...



...and here are more seasonal selections...





...and I have to admit that this news story felt somewhat like a corkscrew to my heart, as somebody once said, though yeah, I realize it’s Dylan’s right to do what he wants with his catalogue...


...and concerning perhaps Dylan’s most famous devotee, I can't believe it's actually been 40 years, but it has (here - great remembrance by Will Bunch here).

No comments: