Friday, August 21, 2020

Friday Stuff


David Doel gives us an update on our regularly scheduled plague and Wonder Boy Jared’s response when questioned by Wolf Blitzer on our COVID-19 casualties; great point by Doel about the media focusing on deaths, which is understandable, but not so much on the debilitating effects of the virus upon survivors (tempting to lose the capacity for outrage after all of the ruin inflicted by the Trump Regime, though we have to fight that even though it is exhausting at times…makes me want to spit on the “fundies” and everyone else who supports these criminals as justification for their own hatred)…



…and I know I touched on Mango Mussolini and the Ohio/Goodyear stuff yesterday, but I don’t think it’s harmful to do so again here (and once again, I know these people are yesterday’s and probably tomorrow’s Republicans, but these ads are good)…



…and Cenk and Ana bring us a wrapup of the 2020 Dem Convention; I’m glad Biden seemed to do well in his speech, but I’ll be taking a closer look at the platform over the coming days, since that’s more germane to what’s going on now as opposed to loud, upbeat noises, balloons, etc…as far as I’m concerned (along with many others), 45 is an existential threat to our entire system of government and thus our country as a whole, and the messaging from the Dems should reflect that, and I know it didn’t for the most part…still, though, it was apparently a good show overall…



…and I thought this was a pretty good Meidas Touch video encompassing all of the criminal history of the Trump regime, including the most recent charges against Steve Bannon



…and Thom H. speaks with Rick Perlstein, whose new book is “Reagan Land”…sync is off again here…didn’t know that about George Will and the ’80 debate between Reagan and Carter, with Will helping Reagan with the stolen Carter briefing book, but it definitely fits the profile…easy on the “loaves and fishes” remark there, OK? And wow, Edmund Burke exposed conservatism that long ago – learn something new every day…



…and this Now This clip features Jainey K. Bavishi, Director of the NYC Office of Resiliency, on the impact of climate change in that area; sounds to me like the “Office of Resiliency” on this should be a cabinet-level position in the federal government…



…and I know there was a recent, comparative blip in the news about an alleged peace deal between Israel and the UAE, but Kyle (bringing us a clip from Ali Velshi) tells us that it pretty much kissed off the Palestinians; yeah, I’m sure this is something else Our Traitorous Orange Pustule will try to crow about, but any deal worth anything has to have something in it for ALL PARTIES, and this most certainly doesn’t…



...and I know I alluded to Stephen Stills yesterday also for that Monday DNC moment for which he was not to blame in any way, so I thought that was a good excuse to feature one of his many great tunes.

No comments: