Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Wednesday Stuff


(And in case you somehow think that this pic is hyperbole, consider that the thread between these two is this guy.)

Farron Cousins tells us that Our Orange Pestilence recently retweeted someone who said that “Democrat” cities should rot; interesting electoral strategy I have to admit (or, as “Tail Gunner Joe” once said, always emphasize the “rat”…more here)…



…and John I. and Francesca of “The Damage Report” tell us about a CNN poll on the presidential election that’s kind of swinging around all over the place; I don’t think it should be ignored either, but we should just keep it in context, as they do in this clip…



…and I now give you the latest installment of “This Day In Doomsy History” (more or less), and we’re taking another short trip back to 8/17/18 this time; Kyle K. tells us just how bad it was for us to pull out of the Iran nuke deal, which led to this most recent U.S. humiliation on the world stage (yeah, that baboon Mike Pompeo wanted to keep the Iran Arms Embargo in place even though it was part of a deal we abrogated…just say “oops” and get out…and don’t think this regime of fools and frauds won't try to ratchet up tensions again before an election, since they have quite literally nothing else to run on… NSFW/H towards the end)...



…and goddamn, this ad is freaking brilliant (harking back to this – William Bogert, the guy featured in the Goldwater ad, died last January)…



…and speaking of confessions, I should let you know that I’m really not paying a lot of attention to the Democratic Convention, but I definitely wanted to include this video from Brian Tyler Cohen about Michelle Obama’s speech on Monday night, if for no other reason than because she pissed off so many of the usual right-wing suspects (here – she should wear that as a badge of honor)…



…and I’m continuing to work my way through my summer tunes list with this number.

No comments: