Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday Videos

Support Larry LaRocco for the Senate, you Idahoans...



...and don't forget Darcy Burner's online town meeting next Monday (while Dubya is doing his "9/11, Terra, Iraq 4 Evah!" bit for the cretinous Dave Reichert in Washington state)...



...and here is an excerpt of "Real Time with Bill Maher" last night with Tim Robbins, Michel Martin and Stephen Hayes of The Weekly Standard"



And regarding Hayes, by the way, I give you the following from YouTube Commenter HoustonRockets87...

Hayes is full of shit:

Michael Scheuer explains more fully in the revised edition of his 2002 book the exhaustive study of the evidence of Iraq-al-Qaeda cooperation that eventually led him to the conclusion that there was no relationship between the two forces:

For a number of reasons, I was available to perform the review of Agency files on Iraq and al Qaeda, and the chief of the bin Laden unit handed me the assignment. I was delighted with the task, eager to begin, and sure that my research would support the analysis I had presented in Through Our Enemies' Eyes. For about four weeks in late 2002 and early 2003, I and several others were engaged full time in searching CIA files -- seven days a week, often far more than eight hours a day. At the end of the effort, we had gone back ten years in the files and had reviewed nearly twenty thousand documents that amounted to well over fifty thousand pages of materials. I was both pleased and embarrassed by the results of the research. I was pleased because CIA's position was reaffirmed and the analysis of Mr. Feith's unit was discredited. There was no information that remotely supported the analysis that claimed there was a strong working relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda. I was embarrassed because this reality invalidated the analysis I had presented on the subject in my book.
I admire the heck out of Bill Maher, but this is one of the reasons why I can't watch his show. Like many of you I'm sure, I can't properly communicate my disgust with people like Stephen Hayes who thought our invasion of Iraq was acceptable because of an alleged "operational relationship" between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda, and then Maher or Martin quite rightly asks, "Then where were the WMD?," and Hayes quickly says, "Oh, that's a different story."

NO IT'S NOT, YOU ASSWIPE! And by the way, how do you define "relatively peaceful"? The casualty figure for our service people doesn't make it into double digits by the end of the month?

Also, I can't imagine why Martin would ask Robbins why he automatically discounts the possibility of accidentally wrong intelligence on Iraq as opposed to purposefully wrong intelligence. As HoustonRockets87 and others have noted, Douglas Feith cooked the intelligence the way Bushco wanted. We're done on that, OK?

And speaking of those crooks, here is the Cheney video once more that Maher mentioned.



And let's not forget to Impeach Cheney First.

No comments: