Saturday, November 04, 2006

Saturday Videos

The Stranglers ("Walk On By" from 1978 - their take on the Burt Bacharach/Hal David standard; I heard this on "Highs In The 70s" on WXPN today and it brought back memories - this is a pretty trippy and ultra-primitive video)...



...and Happy Birthday to Delbert McClinton ("Givin' It Up For Your Love," on "Austin City Limits" - gotta have the cowbell).



Finally, I would like to dedicate the following ("Lies," by the Knickerbockers from that groovy year of 1966, and check out that completely silent saxophone solo...influenced by the Fab Four maybe?) to the Mike Fitzpatrick campaign (I received another unbelievable mailer from Fitzpatrick today regarding how he supposedly is a champion for stem cell research that I'll do my best to destroy before next Tuesday).

No comments: