Friday, September 01, 2006

Admiral Joe Keeps Rolling On

I know I mentioned the Rothenberg report showing Joe tied with Crazy Curt according to the latest WaPo poll, but it bears repeating.

Dear Friend,

It's the last week of the summer and just before Labor Day, the traditional "kick-off" to the fall campaign season.

The pundits said it could not be done, but we've done it -- thanks to your support. In just 6 short months, we've gone from grass-seed to a grassroots-powered winnable race:

- Washington Post calls the race a "toss-up"
- Tied (46-46) in the latest WaPo poll
- Over 6,000 donors since February and growing
- Profiled on CNN as "the bellwether race to watch"
- Delivered Democratic Party's national response to President Bush's weekly radio address

Now the pundits are saying it again, no campaign can raise any money the last week of the summer -- but I believe otherwise. That's what I like about my campaign and your support -- them "telling us it can't be done."

So let's show them. Please make a contribution to my campaign today. There are only 10 weeks until Election Day and we need funds to get up on the airwaves to get my message out.

Please
contribute now:

As you know, I am a former 3-star Admiral who has returned home after completing my 31 year military service to our country. I led an aircraft carrier battle group that conducted combat operations in Afghanistan and precursor operations to the war in Iraq. I served as President Clinton's Director for Defense Policy at the White House. After 9/11, I became the first Director of "Deep Blue," the Navy's anti-terrorism unit for the "Global War On Terror."

With this background, however, I decided to run for Congress as a Democrat because our children's future depends on change. Our country is headed in the wrong direction under the failed policies of President Bush, with whom my Republican opponent has voted 4 out of 5 times. We must invest in our health, education and economic future, and change our policy in Iraq.

I am asking for your help to get my message of change to voters -- an expensive task. (Philadelphia is the 4th most expensive media market in the nation -- $500,000 for one week on television)

So let them keep on telling us it can't be done. Let's show them! With a growing donor base of 6,000 and a growing volunteer base of 1,200 -- we can do it -- we can make a difference and effect change. Look how far we've come with your support.

Please
contribute now:

I am in this race to change the direction of our country: "We can do better!"

Please help me make that change possible. Thank you!

Warmly,

Joe Sestak
And here is the link to the Rothenberg Report again for more information.

No comments: