Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Tuesday Stuff


When it comes to “BIdenomics,” I would say that the verdict is in, as The Lincoln Project reminds us (and more from Professor Krugman on the Biden job boom is here)...



...and as a bit of a “compare and contrast” exercise, Brian Tyler Cohen tells us that the Repug Party in a few state organizations – whoopsie! – appears to be running out of money, mainly because wealthy donors won’t fork over any dough given that the party still has the “Trump taint,” if you will...and I LOVE the fact that, in all of Cohen’s videos apparently, he rightly proclaims all of the good stuff the Dems have accomplished under Biden...if the national Dem party could find their metaphorical butt with one set of metaphorical hands, THEY WOULD BE DOING THAT TOO!!! And it’s pretty sad when Mike “I Can’t Be Alone In A Room With A Woman Who Isn’t My Wife” Pence is actually the voice of reason on preserving our elections; yeah, in that event, you’re pretty far off the deep end...



...and I would argue that another reason for the money problems with the “party of Lincoln” have to do with those funds instead going to Dems by default given the utterly awful work by our “shadow docket” SCOTUS (but the Dems can’t take that for granted either)...though, to be honest (and I hate to point this out), the other side always ends up getting their dark money from their sugar daddies when they need it (with that bribery made legal by our corporatist theocrats in robes)...more here...



...and Beau gives us another typically good commentary on the U.S. sending cluster munitions to Ukraine...as usual, he cuts through the BS on this (very unlikely that these will be used against civilians) – still, I found myself thinking “why the $#@! doesn’t he just come out and say how objectively awful these things are?,” and then he did that very thing at the end of the clip...



...and Ana and Cenk of TYT tell us about a North Carolina real estate developer who is trying to mandate patriotism on the part of all homeowners in his project...yes, I’d like to see the American flag fly more often in front of homes on holidays, but it’s wrong to try and impose that sort of thing IMO (and I have to admit that Ana is 100% right about HOAs – given some of the recent background noise with these two, I’m going to keep them on a short metaphorical leash for now, but I thought this was a good commentary...more here)...



...and I'm in a bit of a mood for another summer tune, so here it is.

No comments: