Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Tuesday Stuff


David Doel tells us about the greeting Cancun Cruz got at Yankee Stadium recently when he attended what turned out to be the clinching game for the Houston Astros against the black-and-white-pinstripes bunch in the Bronx...hard for me to tip my cap to those folks in New Yaawk, but to be fair, I’m symbolically doing that now...I wish the Yanks had managed to stretch out the series against the ‘Stros, but the Texas team is having a great year and I know our Phils will have their hands full in the Series – however, that’s why they play these games, as somebody said (clip is very NSFW/H, which you might expect)...



...and Ana and Cenk of TYT discuss Amy Coney Island Baby Barrett declining to block Dark Brandon’s student debt relief...am I dreaming, or what? And yes, I think this is a pretty sound critique by Ana on why the legal challenge was bogus (I think the petitioners failed remedial math...and yeah, the petitioners don’t really have “standing” as Cenk says), but I’m SO TIRED of listening to this crew bitch that the debt relief is “modest” – I realize TYT will pretty much inflict their purity tests at the expense of anything related to political expediency, but PLEASE don’t say or do anything that has a possibility of depressing voter turnout, OK??!! That being said, Ana is completely right about funding the defense contractors, though I’m not opposed to helping Ukraine either...



...and Brittany Page tells us how former Repug U.S. House Rep Jason Chaffetz of Utah freaked out recently over the homeless population in the City of Brotherly Love (and yeah, Chaffetz is the guy who...checks notes...actually took a victory lap over cutting funding for embassy security that led to the BENGHAZI!!! tragedy where Ambassador Chris Stevens and 3 other Americans were killed, as noted here...all the best to Jesse Dollemore during his convalescence)...



...and the Lincoln Project gives “little Marco” the treatment he deserves (to help Val Demings running against Rubio for the U.S. Senate from The Sunshine State, click here)...



...and when it comes to idiot Repugs, let’s not forget Marjorie Traitor Greene, who says people are getting Fentanyl poisoning from car door handles...um, I think that means that the crazy train has just pulled out of the station (and don’t get me started on what a cesspool Twitter has become, with barely any push-back from Democratic politicians, with the notable exception of Bill Pascrell of New Jersey...to help Marcus Flowers running against Greene for the GA-14 U.S. House seat, click here)...



...and please allow me to extend my sympathies to the family of Carly Simon, who lost both of her sisters within days of each other (here).

No comments: