Sunday, July 10, 2022

Sunday Stuff


Lawrence O’Donnell brings us a really good commentary IMO on the electoral college and the scheme in PA to try and rig the ’24 votes in our commonwealth for Combover Caligula (along with that Eric Greitens insanity at the end – Dave Steil, by the way (one of the 9 Republicans endorsing Josh Shapiro), used to be my Pa state house rep; he was the last good Republican politician I ever voted for, and I don’t expect that to change)...



...and Mehdi Hasan continues with the theme of GOP extremism (starting with MTG and including Blake Masters, who has the sickening gall to display a crucifix while he spouts his insane garbage...with David Jolly and Molly Jong-Fast...I know Jolly is Yesterday’s Republican who has seen the light, and while I wonder what took him so long, I also give him credit, but he’s right to lay the blame for this more or less at the feet of people how support Greene, Masters, etc. - and by the way, as far as I know, Aiden McCarthy hasn't been told about his parents yet)...



...and turning to our beloved commonwealth, it looks like congressional Republicans were pulling their own garbage stunt with SB 106 late on Friday, which has the insidious two-fer of trying to make abortion illegal and disenfranchising Democratic voters at the same time (here)... State Rep Joanna McClinton gave exactly the response that was required here (as did Malcolm Kenyatta – who has his mic cut – and other Dems)...



...and I give Abigail Martin credit for going public with all of this BS with trying to get her birth control pills refilled at Walgreen’s (with Jayar and Jessica Burbank of Rebel HQ – and speaking of ectopic pregnancies, I give you this mess from "the old gray lady")...



...and in a related story, you might say, this More Perfect Union clip tells us about Planned Parenthood employees trying to unionize after Roe was overturned to provide the best possible patient care for those seeking abortions...



...and I know it’s kind of late for a Sunday, but I don’t think that means that we can’t still go to “church.”

No comments: