Friday, July 08, 2022

Friday Stuff


I know this clip from Chris Hayes is over a week old now, but I think he makes a few good points that are worth reiterating, along with some important context on Liz Cheney; she’s doing the right thing on the 1/6 Committee (which Hayes rightly points out is about the only area of our government doing oversight on the other branches – and yeah, I also said that yesterday I know), but let’s have no illusion of how extreme a wingnut she is on everything else...



...and that clip of AOC was included in the prior video, and here she is again, interviewed by David Remnick in which she rightly says that democracy is at risk (with John I. and Francesca...and I promise I won’t bitch about how bad the Dems are on messaging as a party since I know they’re not primarily at fault, though as far as I’m concerned you can lump Manchinema in with the culprits Francesca points out)...



...and I’ll admit that I’m going out of order a bit to present this Second Thought clip on the SCOTUS (the real payoff for yours truly comes at about 12:00, explaining why the SCOTUS exists for pretty much the one percent and basically nobody else, though the narrator acknowledges that packing the court and finding a way to enact term limits would be helpful in the short term at least)...



...and Adrienne Lawrence Esq. of Rebel HQ tells us about Trump goons getting subpoenas over their antics with trying to affect Georgia voting in 2020, including Rudy! and Huckleberry Graham (and of course Graham said he won’t comply like the whiny bitch that he truly is – more here)...



...and Ana and Cenk of TYT tell us about that clown show disguised as a Republican Party primary candidates’ debate for governor on Arizona...one of these nematodes will actually win, believe it or not – probably Lake, which is frightening actually because it’s pretty damn clear where that state’s 2024 electoral votes will go if she’s governor; I know I'm a little late with this...and by the way, I know Cenk didn’t mean to imply that beating your wife is funny...meanwhile, Debbie Lesko watches this and says “Hold my beer” (here)...



...and just when you think that it couldn’t possibly get stranger for Repugs in that state, along comes this beyond ridiculous ad from Jerone Davison; David Doel explains (mildly NSFW/H)...



...and turning to world news, I have to admit that I don’t have anything to add concerning the awful assassination of former Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe (here...though I think this context is important), but I DO want to add this from Tom Walker (aka “Jonathan Pie”) about the departure of Boris Johnson as British PM (incredibly NSFW/H...gotta love those zany Brits)...



...and I know I’m way overdue for a new tune again, and I thought this would help us slide into what hopefully will be a nice weekend for everybody (not THAT “Purple Haze,” but a neat little number on its own).

No comments: