Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Wednesday Stuff


I probably didn’t do myself or anyone else any favors yesterday with my comments about the 1/6 Committee Hearings...yes, I did say we should watch, but I probably downgraded their importance a bit, and I’ll chastise myself for that since they’re VERY important, in particular the testimony yesterday from Shaye Moss and her mom, who did nothing except carry out their civic duty admirably and had their lives completely turned upside down for it...Joy Reid talks with Errin Haines and Claire McCaskill...



...and once more, I know The Lincoln Project is just a group of yesterday’s Republicans, but they’re right...



...and Beau gives us his take on the hearings...I think he’s typically spot-on when he says that the Committee needs to find a way to lay all of this out to the people of this country (don’t know if the hearing transcripts will be published or not, but maybe they should be, a la The Mueller Report)...



...and yet again, I give you an example of the foul, fetid, seamy underbelly of Trumpism at work – yep, demonize “the other” at any cost to try and build/consolidate/hang onto power, which is the very definition of fascism (this guy Mark Burns in South Carolina is a straight-up lunatic who deserves a rubber room...David Pakman tells us more)...



...and I’m not sure who Sam was talking with here on The Majority Report, but the theme seems to be that the rest of the world is apparently shocked by the 1/6 Committee revelations, while too damn many people in this country say, “meh...how much is baby formula and the price of gas...and did you hear that Biden fell off his bike?”...



...and for a bit of much-needed comic relief, I give you Jim Acosta and Oliver Darcy of CNN discussing the recent escapade on Capitol Hill with some folks from the Stephen Colbert show and Triumph The Insult Comic Dog...



...and here is a short follow-up clip from People with Colbert’s response...



...and happy belated 75th birthday to Joey Molland, a surviving member of the band Badfinger.

No comments: