Friday, May 27, 2022

Friday Stuff


Jimmy Kimmel recently spoke to the utter ruin and destruction in Uvalde, TX; his poignant words are wrapped up at the end by a montage that begins with Texas Governor Greg Abbott signing a bunch of gun-friendly bills along with politicians proclaiming their pro-gun bona fides including Mehmet Oz, running as the Repug U.S. Senate nominee from PA...clip at the end is from Everytown USA I believe (and with all due respect to Kimmel, I have to disagree; I think Cancun Cruz IS a monster)...



...and Ana and Cenk of TYT tell us that the cops apparently waited for 40 minutes to enter Robb Elementary School to take out the shooter – I don’t want to hear this crap about waiting to form a SWAT team or whatever...GET YOUR ASSES INTO THE BUILDING TO SAVE THE DAMN KIDS!!! Oh, and also, there’s this...and I think this is an important clip too...



...and John and Brett Erlich of The Damage Report discuss Cancun Cruz running away from a Sky News reporter asking the completely legitimate question of what the hell we’re going to do about all of the goddamn guns in this country – “queefie booger slush”...yeah, I think that fits...



...and with our most recent gun-related horror show fresh in all of our minds, Thom Hartmann reminds us that The Republican Way Doesn’t Work (referencing the manner in which we built our infrastructure and the middle class from FDR to Eisenhower to Carter, and then reminding us what The Sainted Ronnie R did to it...Thom references The Powell Memo as well, which I think is also spot-on...and I agree with about 96-97 percent of this, though when it comes to awful trade agreements, there are Dems that are guilty as hell on this too)...



...and under the category of Trump-boot-licking, corrupt, deceitful Republicans (making common cause with mass murdering gun nuts), let’s not ever forget Elise Stefanik, OK (as The Lincoln Project reminds us)...



...and I have to admit that, given the bloody carnage in Uvalde, I’m a little behind on some videos including the latest from Second Thought, in which we learn how “privatization” came to save the day for French President Emmanuel Macron in his most recent election, and why that practice is totally at odds with the notion of providing reliable governmental services for people most in need regardless of what country you’re talking about (tying back to the profit motive, as you might expect, as well as attacks on unionization...”consulting isn’t a scam. It’s the most honest business there is,” as much as ANY business can be honest)...



...and RIP Ray Liotta....I think this legendary clip from “Goodfellas” is appropriate for the occasion (discussion with the three at the end has to do with this); I also saw Liotta once in a movie called “Corrina, Corrina” with Whoopi Goldberg, which I didn’t expect to like, though I did, I have to admit...



...and happy birthday to Bruce Cockburn, with a tune I'd like to dedicate to all of the gun humpers and ammo-sexuals in this country.

No comments: