Thursday, March 31, 2022

Thursday Stuff


At this point, I honestly don’t know why anybody out there is pretending that Combover Caligula is anything but a dupe of Vlad The Butcher (and that goes for the “party of Lincoln” too), as The Lincoln Project reminds us (and about 45, the article linked to this post is one of the saddest stories I’ve read in a long time, but believe me when I tell you I can relate)...



...and as usual, I think Beau puts everything in perspective here with Trump, Vlad The Butcher and Zelenskyy...



...and this report from the German news service DW discusses both side using drones in the Ukraine war; interview is with Russian military analyst Samuel Bendett at the Center for New American Security...



...and returning to this country, this clip from More Perfect Union discusses the NYPD on Staten Island – which I know is bedrock conservative, to their utter, stoo-pid folly – helping Amazon by arresting workers bringing food to picketers trying to unionize the facility...sorry I couldn’t put up this clip until after the union vote, but hopefully this can also aid in organizing elsewhere...



Update 4/1/22: Outstanding news! (and definitely not an April Fools' joke).

...and Mehdi Hasan speaks with MA Dem Sen. Ed Markey on ending dependence on fossil fuels (“catalyst for conflict” vs. “pathway to peace”...well said by Markey...good for Hasan for asking the tough questions, and I give Markey credit for trying to answer as best he can, but I realize there are no good answers when it comes to discussing #MaseratiManchin)...



...and happy belated 74th birthday to keyboardist John Evan of Jethro Tull - every time I contemplate Our Orange Pestilence, this is one of the songs that comes to mind.

No comments: