Monday, August 09, 2021

Monday Stuff


Brian Tyler Cohen gives us this clip of U.S. Sen. Bill Cassidy of Louisiana talking with CNN’s Dana Bash – I have lots of disagreements with Cassidy, but he’s pretty lucid here IMO, and I think this is about the best you’re going to get from the Repug on this issue (and of course, God forbid that Cassidy should give a straight answer and compliment Dem Gov. John Bel Edwards on the mask mandate)...



...and on the subject of our regularly scheduled plague, John and Francesca give a reality check on the latest blatherings from Baby Ben Shapiro (who apparently got a dose of reality inflicted upon him by Malcolm Nance on Real Time with Bill Maher...if I gave a crap about Maher any more, I’d bother to watch, but since I don’t...)...



...and for the reality perspective, Alicia Menendez of MSNBC speaks with moms Veronica McClane and Ashley Simmons on trying to get Arkansas to overturn its ban on a mask mandate; fortunately, a judge ruled in the mom’s favor (but of course, it shouldn’t have had to come to that, right?)...



...and Joy Reid definitely brings the snark on the anti-vaxxers – good for her (w/ Dr. Lipi Roy and former Repug U.S. House Rep David Jolly)...



...and I know I included the video form Chris Hayes last week on Jeffrey Clark, that disgusting life form who tried to overturn our democracy in favor of reinstalling Generalissimo Trump, but Farron Cousins gives us a follow up on Jeffrey Rosen refusing Trump and Clark’s attempts to overturn the Georgia election results – yeah, Rosen definitely isn’t a saint by any means, but it’s a little scary to realize how close they came to pulling it off (and I think The Rude One sums this up well here)...



...and speaking of white privilege, David Shuster brings us a couple of pretty wretched examples, and it shouldn’t be a surprise I guess that they’re from Texas and South Carolina...



...but to be a little fair to the Lone Star State (more than they deserve collectively), I should include this clip of Dem State Rep James Talarico, who managed to get a bill passed in that state capping the cost of insulin (shocking he was able to get bipartisan support, which you need in R-friendly states like his, and credit where it’s due to him for getting it)...



..and I realize that I’ve put up a few covers of this song, but I don’t think I’ve ever done that for the original, so here it is.

No comments: