Friday, August 13, 2021

Friday Stuff


David Doel discusses Pat Robertson whining over the budget reconciliation bill with funding for Medicare expansion, along with universal pre-K and child care...”imagine paying people for not being productive”...yeah, sure, something to keep in mind in light of the ridiculous income inequality noted here...I guess “productivity” is in the proverbial eye of the beholder (mildly NSFW/H)...



...and I wasn’t sure if I would ever say this, but I have a feeling Louie (Exploding Bird Guts) Gohmert has lost what’s left of his damn mind...yes, flaming birds from solar panels are going to “bring the nation down”...from a sitting member of the U.S. Congress (as noted here - more here).

Texas must be so proud...



...and I’m going to take a bit of a dramatic U-turn here and include this video of a lady recovering from COVID (h/t to Rachel Maddow on Twitter) – yet another reason to get the damn shot(s), mask up and do the social distancing thing again, people...



...and with the prior clip in mind, I now give you this one which tells us about RoJo “making bank” on the pandemic...



...and turning now to Major League Baseball (for the second time this week)...this tells us about former Chicago Cub (and one-time Phillie) Jake Arrieta telling a reporter to take off his/her mask...and this is probably as close as I’ll get to sports radio (and Arrieta was released, partly because of the mask comment and partly because he sucks anymore, which happens to everybody eventually – I don’t totally blame him for basically stinking out the joint with the Phils b/c they were idiots to give him stupid $$ like they did...and BOY, do I get bored with the baseball statistical minutiae!)...



...and now turning to the only planet we have (despite some gazillionaires projecting themselves into outer space)...this tells us about the Line 3 pipeline protests in Minnesota I believe (with John I. and Benjamin Carollo)...



...and here’s yet another great Second Thought clip on dystopian fiction mirroring reality..



...and maybe this selection ties in a bit with the prior clip, but I’m putting it up here because of the calendar date (and I guess I should be boycotting any Clapton tunes, but that would eliminate a hell of a lot of good music).

No comments: