Monday, April 13, 2020

Monday Stuff


(Note: I may be able to sneak in a post or two after all this week.)

This tells us about New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern, who, as nearly as I can tell, has done a great job for real with her country’s COVID-19 crisis (here)…



…and this BBC segment gives us more of a picture of the human toll of this misery (more here)…



…and I have to admit that, while I applaud the spirit of the venture capitalist who comes out in favor of UBI (and basically tells the people running the hedge funds to pound sand), I’m just not sure that “burning it all down” is the answer, even though I admit that I don’t have a better idea…I got a kick out of the host who acted like he didn’t want “main street” to go belly up but was actually providing cover for the VC crowd, as does that entire network as far as I’m concerned…keeping this post international I know since David Doel is Canadian…



…and from this country, I should note that Lowell George would have been 75 today.

No comments: