Friday, August 09, 2019

Saturday Stuff


I think this is a Nail. Hammer. Head. commentary from Chris Hayes, a superb example of connecting the dots, something our corporate media in general steadfastly refuses to do (here)…



…and I have to admit that it never occurred to me that the Mississippi ICE raid could be payback for losing a lawsuit, but knowing the regime of Generalissimo Trump, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least (to get workers to stop complaining…and yeah, so what if the little girl is crying her eyes out…as long as the usual suspects get their freaking tax cuts – I’d honestly like to know which Democrats Ashlee Marie Preston is accusing when it comes to benefiting from this horror show, though Cenk makes a great point right after Preston’s inanity about the Dems not pushing back the way they’re supposed to)…



…and Kyle tells us about “Operation Clean Sweep” in Boston, and that’s a pretty benign name for the awfulness that they’re doing with the homeless population – “When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail” indeed (and yes, we should have a national program for sheltering the homeless, but all you have to do is yell “Section 8 Housing” and people totally lose what’s left of their minds…NSFW)…



…and the whole Jeffrey Epstein thing really isn’t my “beat,” as it were (here), and I’m not sold on the veracity of this clip, but this is interesting if nothing else; the only thing I have to say about this is the highly unoriginal observation that anyone who had sex with minors, otherwise known as rape, that was facilitated by Epstein should go to prison, and I don’t care what their political party is/was…



…and Sam Seder and the Majority Report crew talk with Heather Digby Parton about Our Treasonous, Tiny-Handed Orange Dictator Wannabe (interesting to draw a line here back to the ‘60s protests, which I think is completely correct)…



…and here comes another summer tune – hope the weather is fine where you are too.

No comments: