Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Tuesday Stuff

I guess this is the post mortem that matters (and yeah, these quotes are clipped a bit - acknowledged at the end of the video - but really, are they that much of a stretch?)...


…oh and, by the way, if Trump drones on that Hillary is wrong about something, chances are that an independent verification will find out that she’s telling the truth (see?)…



(And I guess Lester Holt did a good job by all accounts, mainly because no one is bitching too much about him letting “The Donald” get away with typical Trumpian BS.)

And speaking of the debate, I need to let you in on something that I think is pretty funny (well, maybe not THAT funny since we’re paying for it).

In these parts, the Bucks County Courier Times is the local newspaper that covers our area (for the benefit of anyone who hasn’t picked up on that by now even though I’ve made repeated references to the paper at this site). Despite the ridiculous right-wing tilt of the Op-Ed page, I should add that there are more than a few beat reporters working for the paper who do legitimately good work.

The paper also has a history of late deliveries (issues with printing and such, or so we’re told) that seemed to be timed towards anything related to good news for Democrats. We ended up with late next-day delivery of an issue on at least one occasion during the Democratic primary debates, and another time, I said that the paper ignored coverage of a debate entirely (the headline of that issue had to do with how valuable pets are as companions…), when in fact, someone from the paper got back to me and said that there was about a paragraph of coverage on page A-18 of the debate in question.

I’m sure you know where I’m going with this, so I’ll just cut to the proverbial chase and let you know that we didn’t receive an issue of the paper this morning. We’ll see if we got the issue later or will get it tomorrow, or if I’ll have to call the paper and have our bill adjusted again.

As I said, too funny…

Update 9/28/16: We got the paper this morning with a headline of “Clinton, Trump Battle Fiercely,” which I suppose was true. The explanation for the missing delivery was an outage at their local print production facility in Falls, Pa., which seems to occur pretty frequently.

...and K.O. tells us here of Trump's lies in this month alone (and I think the number was about 80 million, by the way, which still broke a record, apparently)...



...and former Clinton Labor Secretary Robert Reich helps us keep our eye on the ball, as it were, concerning this election…



…and again, even though Lester Holt was OK (let’s see what happens next with our corporate media frauds), I definitely agree with Sam Seder on his remarks about the LWV moderating the debates (and how big a wackadoodle is Gary Johnson anyway?)…



…and despite how well everything went last night, I think we ought to pay close attention to the title of this song.

No comments: