Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday Stuff

If I ever find myself living in a place where a political campaign ad like this is acceptable (Uh, questioning the teaching of evolution? Didn't we settle that, oh, say, about a hundred years ago?), I hope I am in a state where I have basically passed on to the "pearly gates" (hopefully) and my inert earthly remains are all that can be subjected to such idiocy...



...and Jon Stewart does it again (the problem is that I don't think the "choke on a pretzel" moment ever ends for the idiots in question)...

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Release the Kagan
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party


..."Worst Persons" (Tom Shales has no room to lecture anyone on journalistic ethics as it turns out, his smarmy condescending sexism notwithstanding towards one of K.O.'s buds - another would be attacked shortly; the roadside team in Sparks, Nevada needs a proofreder...oh, excuse me, prufreader...oh, skip it; but Just Plain Folks Sarah Palin gets it for criticizing Rachel Maddow's neck for supposedly protruding veins while the former half-term governor spoke at a backup sump pump convention - the jokes write themselves, people)...

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



...and speaking of Maddow, she filed a report tonight on the 25th anniversary of the MOVE bombing in Philadelphia that I got into here, and I can think of no other song for the occasion (I'll add the video report when it is available).



Update 5/14/10: Here is the Maddow clip on MOVE.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

No comments: