Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday Videos

The Fiery Furnaces ("Benton Harbor Blues")...



...time to visit the '80s with Martha and the Muffins ("Echo Beach" - hey, it's summer, OK?)...



...and I forgot Patty Smyth of Scandal earlier this week ("Hands Tied")...



...and Happy Birthday to Colin Hay of Men At Work ("It's A Mistake"; I once saw them open for Fleetwood Mac at the Spectrum in '83 I believe before they received saturation airplay on MTV, and no one knew who they were and they received tepid applause and were actually booed - Hay responded by flipping off the audience and ending the band's set after about a half hour. I was mad at the time, but looking back on it, I think it's funny now; also, I just like this song, and I really don't mean this as a message for what started on 3/19/03)...

No comments: