Saturday, October 28, 2006

Check Them Off Now Too

So CBS brings us The Katie Couric Evening News with a supposed free speech segment in which the only people who are entitled to speak their minds are conservatives, most notably the OxyContin addict Flush Limbore.

(And if anyone has an update to the "Free Speech" post at Media Matters, I'd like to know about it because I haven't been able to find one.)

Next, ABC presents "The Path To 9/11" containing fictional scenes that are roundly disputed but the network decides to air anyway.

Now, NBC has refused to run an ad for "Shut Up And Sing," a new documentary about The Dixie Chicks and all of the mess they faced after criticizing Bush on the Iraq war.

It is now official; I no longer have a reason to watch non-cable commercial network television.

Nice work, guys!

And speaking of the Dixie Chicks, even though I'm not a fan of this video, I am definitely a fan of this song.

No comments: