Saturday, October 28, 2006

Biting The Hand

Given what Blogger has been doing today (or not doing, to be more precise), I have no idea when this post will see the light of day, but I'm entering it anyway.

Out of sheer rage and disgust over this week's HORRIBLE performance from Blogger, I went to their "Blogger Buzz" site, and it was nice to see a post from someone who is presumably a Blogger tech dated 10/26 saying "Sorry, I know," with the stated excuse being that there have been some hardware upgrades taking place over the past week that have been responsible for the outages.

(By the way, when going to Blogger Buzz, is it too much trouble to provide a link back to the Blogger dashboard seeing as how you've already logged on and it's a pain in the ass to basically log off and start all over again after you leave Blogger Buzz? And is there a particular reason why comments aren't allowed to the Blogger Buzz posts?).

Being generally suspicious of these things, why do I get the feeling that this is part of an effort to cram Blogger Beta down our throats (especially since the author of the 10/26 Blogger Buzz post noted that Blogger Beta had no outages this week)?

If anyone from Blogger is reading this, let me pass along this idea to you.

Try publishing statistics of bugs and support issues from your help site for regular Blogger vs. Blogger Beta. I entered a bug related to my inability to upload to Blogger from YouTube (for which you never replied, by the way, and thanks so much for that - don't worry; I came up with a manual workaround), and I happened to notice A LOT of bugs for Blogger Beta (the name implies that that would be the case, I know).

Publish the list of the bugs of the one app vs. the other from week to week, and when I see a decline in the Blogger Beta bugs, then I'll decide that it's a good time to do the conversion.

No comments: