Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Tuesday Stuff


Brian Tyler Cohen tells us about a recent debate in Kansas between incumbent Repug U.S. Senator Roger Marshall and his Dem challenger Adam Hamilton, in which Marshall heard it from the crowd over the ruinous economic policies of the head of Marshall’s party...I thought this was a good description by Cohen of the “doom loop,” if you will, of trying to appease Our Sweaty Orange Bronzer Boy, losing your credibility in the process, and then hearing it from your constituents in response when you decide to make a public appearance...but just to show that I’m going to TRY and comprehend what Marshall is saying, according to him, Kansas lost 1700 manufacturing jobs over two decades but are getting 100 back, as it that’s supposed to be a win; funny that Marshall doesn’t mention those ridiculous tariffs against Canada, which could lead to Kansas manufacturing not buying planes from Canadian company Bombardier, putting 1,000 Kansas jobs at risk, to the point where Marshall and his fellow Senate Repug Jerry Moran told the head of their party to back off against Bombardier as noted here (as if #47 will listen)...I don’t know anything about the cost of soybeans or whatever that was that Marshall was saying (not trying to dismiss matters important to farmers – just saying that I’m not going to try and move Heaven and earth checking Marshall’s claims on that)...slightly NSFW/H...



...but the big story on Action News, you might say, is the SCOTUS stopping the Gropenfuhrer’s attempt to block states from sending out mail-in ballots (24 states plus D.C. sued in response)...this nonsense started in late March with another bogus executive order telling states to create a “state citizenship list”; that idiocy was blocked by a lower court, so of course the appeal went up immediately to the High Court of Hangin’ Judge JR...also tells you something that the online portal that the Feds need to manage in order to upload voter info from the states still isn’t operational (elect a clown, expect a circus)...oh, and OF COURSE, Strip Search Sammy Alito and Almost Silent Clarence Thomas thought the order from the Gropenfuhrer was just peachy (and maybe “I Like Beer” Kavanaugh also)...Maddow speaks with Marc Elias, who, for my money, knows more about how Republicans continually try to “ratf*ck” elections than anyone else (some really clear-eyed commentary from Elias on this that we all need to hear, reinforcing the fact that Don The Con is the most unrepentant scumwaffle on the face of this planet)...I’m sure Maddow and Elias are 100 percent correct that the next move from our ruling regime will be to yell “WAAAH! THE SUPREME COURT WON’T LET ME DO WHAT I WANT!! THE ELECTIONS ARE RIGGED!!!”...



...and I now have a bit of a “compare and contrast” exercise coming up...I know I’ve said I’ll be careful with clips of TYT, and you’ll have more information on that shortly – first, Ana Kasparian lets us know about some Israeli settler named Yona Schreiber, who was just acquitted in an attack on a French nun (here) – this monster apparently pled an insanity defense and it worked...good point to mention that these anti-Christian attacks from Jews also happen in Armenia...I definitely want to see a follow-up report as to whether or not this Schreiber person actually ends up in a psychiatric hospital for six years in accordance with the sentence; my guess is that he’ll be discharged as soon as this story fades from the headlines...and 88 incidents of harassment and assault from settlers against Christians in this year alone? I DEFINITELY would call that a trend...and even vandalizing graves??? Pretty damn strange behavior IMO from a country that is supposed to be an “ally”...I’m objecting here to what Israel is doing against Christians, but what they’re doing against Muslims is pretty damn vile also...



...and with the prior clip in mind, I would ask that you watch the following from Brittany Page...I think TYT occasionally deals with important issues such as the one in the above video, and I agreed with them in the clip above, but it also looks like they’re playing footsie, you might say, with The Swanson TV Dinner Heir, spouting his schtick with more than a bit of racism and white supremacy thrown in (and I remember that pic of Cenk Uygur laughing and holding hands with Charlie Kirk)...unintentionally hilarious to hear Tuckums claim that institutions created by whites are more benevolent (with this Peter Brimelow character, who created the VDARE website as noted) – yeah, maybe to OTHER WHITES...use that Google thingie and look into “redlining” housing districts and related discriminatory practices by Our Ochre Abomination and his family, including his dad in the real estate biz – you can find examples all over the place in this country...and oh yeah, whites are supposedly being eliminated, which ISN’T A THING...glad to hear Page resurrect William F. Buckley, who was one of the people long ago who wrote the conservative grievance playbook, constantly whining about the “liberal media” when his idiot theories were disproven (if you want to dive in really deep on this topic, read McGeorge Bundy’s critique of Buckley’s “God And Man At Yale”)...also, I know TYT has cozied up to Joe Kent for some ungodly reason, he being the guy who lost to Marie Gluesenkamp Perez in Washington State in a U.S. House election; MGP is absolutely NO BETTER than Kent IMO...”clout chasing drama goblin” – good one...unpleasantly surprised to hear about Ryan Grim, and Saagar Enjeti is just another useful media idiot...and I also knew about the fascist party winning in Germany, of all places, with King Elon’s help – not sure I need to point out how awful that is...I often don’t include videos this long because I just don’t have the time to pick them apart as much as I want, but I think this is an important (and particularly well done) clip from Page – it’s obvious that she knows what she’s talking about on this, though she does on her other topics also IMO...NSFW/H also...



..and Tennessee Brando tells us that “I’ve been talking with Tennessee voters, and this shocked me”...and of course, we have a big-time example in PA-01 of a Repug politician deciding not to face his constituents, which I’ve tried to point out at this site recently (and Tim Burchett is another example in Brando's "holler," if you will)...in a weird way I’ll admit, I admire the directness of preachers in Brando’s world wearing their “R” party allegiance on their sleeve, you might say, even though they‘re utterly wrong to do that of course, as opposed to this area, where that advocacy is treated with a bit of a wink, implying that you’re either “in the club” or you’re not...so glad to hear Brando invoke the TVA, one of the transformative New Deal programs that genuinely impacted people’s lives for the better...”politics is talking to you every day” indeed...mildly NSFW/H also...



...and I have a hard time saying no to just about anything from Walter Trout, including this tune from within the prior year.

No comments: