Thursday, September 17, 2026

Thursday Stuff


Jesse Dollemore informs us that, apparently, Uday Trump Jr. got some Russian oligarch to bankroll his ridiculously over-the-top, three-day (!) wedding celebration at two exclusive private islands last May, with Umar Kremlev spending “hundreds of thousands of dollars” on the events (here)...as Dem U.S. House Rep Robert Garcia said, the issue is what Kremlev got as a payback for this largesse (I wouldn’t give a fig about Trump Jr.’s latest wedding if it weren’t for that...and oh yeah, the “OMIGOD, WHAT DID HUNTER BIDEN DO NOW??!!” nonsense looks even more ridiculous)...that said, I have to admit that it’s news to me that Biden The Younger has apparently gone big into crypto, which is a pretty rank way to build clout IMO, and I don’t give a damn which party we’re talking about...glad to hear that utterly worthless Senate minority “leader” Schumer get taken to task yet again, and I’m not surprised Chris Murphy stepped up on this...oh, and I guess Anna Paulina Luna-tic doesn’t think the Trump Jr. stuff matters because a laptop isn’t involved – yeah, that figures from her...mildly NSFW/H...



...and Tennessee Brando lets us know that Thomas Massie introduced an impeachment resolution against “I’ll Drink To That” SecDef Kegseth, and as a result, “MAGA Mike” Johnson shut down the U.S. House (here), presumably so he’d have more time to watch p*rn with his son (here)...so glad to hear Brando acknowledge the Gropenfuhrer refusing to put his hand on the “good book” when he was sworn in, which should indeed have been a tipoff to anyone previously not paying attention...also, not the biggest fan of Massie on most issues, but credit to him for standing tall here...Brando is also right that we need something like a Nuremberg Trials 2.0 for all of this misery, but don’t expect a single Repug to support that of course (NSFW/H also)...



...and Kyle Kulinski tells us that, apparently, Israel is running out of water because an algae bloom in the Mediterranean is affecting 5 of their 6 water desalination plants, with the algae bloom caused by refuse from Gaza sewage treatment plants that Israel has bombed back beyond the Stone Age...interesting exercise in karma, I must say...also, apparently the IDF is running out of victims suckers individuals to serve in Israel’s military, with some exempt for religious reasons...”a hallmark of right-wing governance is incompetence” indeed...definitely NSFW/H also...



...and this CBC News report by Alexandre Silberman tells us that folks in Montreal have called for more in the way of gun legislation 20 years after the Dawson College shooting...Louise De Souza, mother of the girl who was killed, has worked tirelessly to combat gun violence, and Hayder Kadhim, one of the shooting survivors, has done his best to raise community awareness...one of the reasons I’m highlighting this is to point out that Quebec took action right away and banned guns in public places and created a firearm registry, which are steps we should have taken long ago but for the pernicious influence of the gun lobby, of course...



...and Josh Johnson of The Daily Show gives us a rundown on the latest news...and I can just hear it now; “oh, you dastardly lib with your ‘Weekend at Bernie’s’ memes about Mitch McConnell...well, don’t you feel dumb now?”...actually, no, I don’t – name for me ANY OTHER EMPLOYER who would allow an elderly employee to COMPLETELY DISAPPEAR FOR ABOUT THREE MONTHS WITH NO EXPLANATION while he recovered, collecting a paycheck and bennies the whole time, not to mention the fact that the employee in question has done MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE over the last couple of decades to make the U.S. Senate VIRTUALLY USELESS...and I don’t have a clue about what’s going to happen with AI, and I don’t have the bandwidth to care at this moment (but OF COURSE this story provides an opportunity for A Certain Treasonous Orange Egomaniac to tell the world how smart he thinks he is) – God willing he’ll be gone one way or the other someday (and define “gone” however you want), and I’m getting to the point where I don’t care how or when that happens (and what’s the deal with his hairpiece anyway?)...NSFW/H also...



...and I suppose we’re getting closer to the holiday shopping season, so some acts/performers are going to be issuing commemorative recordings of sorts with that in mind...this tells us that Bob Dylan has a 39-disc set scheduled to come out, which is a little “over the top” as far as yours truly is concerned...recordings were with the Rolling Thunder Review 50 years ago so they’re likely to be good, but I would probably need a cosigner to get the dough I’d need to make a purchase like that (I’ll just remain content with the vinyl that I’ll try to transfer to disc one day).

No comments: